Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Revert back to 9.11 - possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having played with Dharma I've found that many of the add-ons (plugins) that worked fine on 9.11 such as CBS, VideoDevil and NBC Universal just don't work as add-ons in Dharma, failing with script errors.

Is it possible to easily revert back to 9.11 - can I do it by just downloading 9.11 from the Launcher menu?
Did you backup your library before upgrading? XBMC's db is not backwards compatible and you will have issues if you try and revert back.

If you didn't backup your db before upgrading, export your library first, then delete your db and then reinstall 9.11

As for your addon's problem, you can't just add old plugins to Dharma - they must be versions specifically for Dharma.

If they are Dharma compatible versions, you should post further details so the add-on devs can look at them.
There's nothing in the XBMC library to worry about so that's not an issue.

It's very hard for someone to know if an add-on is 9.11 or Dharma compliant - I added a whole bunch of repos to the add-on sources using their zip file and installed various add-ons such as CBS 1.2.3, NBC Universal 1.2, VideoDevil 1.6.6 which all fail with script errors but they don't say if they are dharma compliant - all a bit confusing Smile

Where is the db located so I can SSH in and delete it? Anything else I should delete whilst I'm there?

Many thanks!
If you added them through an add-on browser, then they should be Dharma compatible.

However, if they came through a thirdparty addon repo, then they may not have been tested fully.

Might be worth doing a little searching first before dropping back to 9.11.
I set up the logging and the log for CBS is at http://www.ywip.com/xbmc.log

It played an episode of 60 minutes but when I went to check out an episode of CSI Miami it failed with a script error.

Is this because it's a Dharma or a plugin issue?

Apple TV
XBMC 10.0-rc1 r35326