Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Windows] Library not updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I've just recently started using XBMC, and I'm having trouble with the gallery. After installing and setting content for the movie and tv-show folders, scanning runs fine and the library is updated with whatever was available at the time of scanning. But adding new content, this is not show in the library. After adding new files, XBMC scans and add pictures/text etc, but going to videos in library mode, the new content is not added here. If I list files, I find the files, with info collected by the scraper.
I have checked the option to update library on startup and also the context menu Update library, but this seems to just scan for new content, not doing whatever is needed so the new movie will show in the library.

Anything I have forgotten to do or something? Any input is appreciated.

Regards,
Øystein
Update
Adding new files to a tv-show works as expected, meaning that I can see the new episode in library mode, with the info collected by the scraper. But not working with movies, but this might be a setting I've overlooked...

Øystein
What you say doesn't really make sense if the scraper collected all the movie info and thumbs and its visible in files I don't see how its not visible in library unless you have use an external scraper first

If its just the files that are visible then that's possible in which case its probably a content setting, if each movie is in its own folder you need "use folder names for lookups set" if movies aren't directly in the source folder you need "scan recursively" selected

Even then I don't know how you already have stuff in your library unless you've added a new source and not set content correctly or you changed a setting by mistake

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
Hi,
thanks for your replies.
I do not think the problem is related to scraping, when browsing by Videos > Files I find the movies, and pushing 'I' on the keyboard gives me all the info, but the same video is not in the library for some reason.
I have my videos organized like Movies > Movie name > movie file, so I have the Use folder names for lookups checked and also set Scan recursively.

The files that are all ready in my video library where stored in the Movies folder when I ran the initial scan (after installing XBMC).
I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing, then I get the new movies in the library (since they are present at the first initial scan).
And the scrapers used are the one available from XBMC.

Perhaps I'll try the Dharma RC1 release...

Any more input is appreciated
Thanks

Øystein
oeygu Wrote:Hi,
thanks for your replies.
I do not think the problem is related to scraping, when browsing by Videos > Files I find the movies, and pushing 'I' on the keyboard gives me all the info,

This doesn't indicate your movies have been scraped because if they haven't and you press info from files it scrapes that info there and then I don't think its even possible for xbmc to scrape data and not have them in your library

Your not using 9.11 by any chance ?

I would recheck your content settings
The install file says 9.11 yes, not able to find version under settings in XBMC though.

I also have pictures for the movies, before pushing 'I'...
oeygu Wrote:The install file says 9.11 yes, not able to find version under settings in XBMC though.

If your using Confluence skin on 9.11, switch to PM3, then go to the shutdown button, and before reboot or exit, go to far left, Info. That'll give you a definite version of XBMC.

Hope that helps.

My 2c.
XBMC 9.11 r26017

Thanks for the input Smile
Content setting for movie folder

Run automated scan - unchecked
Use folder names for lookup - checked
Scan recursively - checked
Selected folder contains a single video - unchecked
Exclude path from library updates - unchecked

Settings > Video > Library
Show plot for unwatched items - checked
Download actor thumbnails when adding to library - checked
update library on startup - checked

EDIT:
running the export video library, the movies that are not shown in my library view, still get an .nfo file in the folder for the video...
Do you have Hide Watched turned on or some other filter?
Not hiding watched items no...

But, I was looking into movie sets (that's why I exported library). Then I removed the movies I tried to make into a set and refreshed, after this the new movies are showing in the library. Perhaps because they have an .nfo file? (I also ran a Clean Library... before re-scaning)

Seems I'm getting there at least.

Thanks for the input, any more tips are welcome too Smile
oeygu Wrote:The install file says 9.11 yes, not able to find version under settings in XBMC though.

Ok the reason I asked this is IMDb have changed their layout so the IMDb scraper doesn't work correctly it adds them to library but doesn't give them a title are you sure this isn't whats happening, did you changed the scraper to IMDb after you first set up XBMC

If this is the case your need to update the scraper with the one in the post below or update to RC1

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=608...stcount=66

Those nfo's wont be any good either if this is whats happening and your better off rebuilding your library again
Hi,
scraper has always been the standard, themoviedb.org.

I'm also experiencing strange behavior when removing movies from library. As I was testing movie sets, if I do Remove from library on a title, it does not disappear immediately (like there is no refreshing), but going to clean library, the thumbnail picture is gone, but the title is still shown in the library, just no picture. Re-scanning (update library) adds the missing pictures again. So it never removes the title.
But something worked the first time (when I removed the title, then clicking on it gave me an error saying it was unavailable. After cleaning the library and update, all the new movies where added). This is not working after the first try... Can not believe that I'm doing something wrong after the first time I got it working...
Tomorrow I'll try the RC1 release.

Thanks

Øystein
Clean library is used when you have removed the actual source file on the disk if its not found it removes it from your library, update library only adds new titles it wont update changes to a title that are already scanned into your library you need to refresh that title to do this

If you have been trying different things adding and removing stuff from library maybe your db got messed up or something ?

If you ever want to start afresh you can just delete your "MyVideos34.db" in \userdata\Database your have to set content on your sources again after that though
Pages: 1 2