Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Windows] Settings file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, i am new to this forum and maybe you guys can help me out.
I installed xbmc on my external hdd. Now everytime i plug it in a other computer it loads the default configuration.

Is it possible for the configuration file to be stored in the hdd and not seperate on each pc?

Thank you,

Joao
You can try running XBMC in portable mode by using the -p switch

from the wikki

Can XBMC be run in portable mode?

If you wish, you may run XBMC in portable mode by adding the -p switch to the shortcut used to launch XBMC. This will then use the XBMC folder itself as the Home folder, which means scripts, plugins, skins and userdata will be located within the XBMC folder. This is useful for running XBMC for Windows off a USB stick for portability.

You will, however, have to be careful when upgrading to make sure that the UserData folder you use is not overwritten.
Soutie Wrote:You can try running XBMC in portable mode by using the -p switch

from the wikki

Can XBMC be run in portable mode?

If you wish, you may run XBMC in portable mode by adding the -p switch to the shortcut used to launch XBMC. This will then use the XBMC folder itself as the Home folder, which means scripts, plugins, skins and userdata will be located within the XBMC folder. This is useful for running XBMC for Windows off a USB stick for portability.

You will, however, have to be careful when upgrading to make sure that the UserData folder you use is not overwritten.

Thnk you, il try this later on.