Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HD-DVD cases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been ripping my HD-DVDs to mkv and have been able to change the info icon to HD-DVD by adding .hddvd to the filename (it had been coming up as Blu-Ray based soley on resolution). I would love the cases to come up as red HD-DVD cases for HD-DVD rips and blue Blu-Ray cases for Blu-Ray rips if that is at all possible.

Thanks for any info.
hd dvd is dead, it has been a long time ago. Get over it blue ray won the battle, why do you think that it is not catered for. What do you want to bring back betamax or something?
I know they are dead...I am over it...I just want a representation of the movie's origin.

All I am doing is converting them ease of use and many die hard HD-DVD supporters have tons of movies still lying around.

It was cheaper after the HD-DVD demise to stock up on HD movies for $5 or less in most cases.

You don't have to be an ass about it and if you have nothing constructive to say then butt out.
yea what are you thinking.....it lost so you should just throw the all away and start all over even though they still work...lol

hey Mark.....if you don't mind.....I have plenty of stuff I would love to buy so if you would kindly send some of that extra money burning a hole in your pocket my way I would appreciate it....Nod
mmosher1975 Wrote:I've been ripping my HD-DVDs to mkv and have been able to change the info icon to HD-DVD by adding .hddvd to the filename (it had been coming up as Blu-Ray based soley on resolution). I would love the cases to come up as red HD-DVD cases for HD-DVD rips and blue Blu-Ray cases for Blu-Ray rips if that is at all possible.

Thanks for any info.

i did initially code the hd-dvd cases as well, but if i remember correctly, i ran into some issues.
doing filename checks is a bit cpu intensive, and in the slide view for instance, there's 15 movie covers visible on the screen at the same time.
having to lookup the filenames for 15 items simultaneously will slow things down.

as soon as i have some spare time, i'll give it another shot, but can't make any promises as to whether or not i'll add it in the end.
Thank you and I appreciate that.
MarkTaunton Wrote:hd dvd is dead, it has been a long time ago. Get over it blue ray won the battle, why do you think that it is not catered for. What do you want to bring back betamax or something?

bigdog66 Wrote:yea what are you thinking.....it lost so you should just throw the all away and start all over even though they still work...lol

im curious to find out who you 2 think you are(more so mark)!? speaking to a new member like this! he only made 3 posts and 2 of them are on this thread! SO MUCH FOR THE CARING FRIENDLY COMMUNITY!!
so what if hd dvd is dead this is HIS media centre and he shall do with it and configure it as he see's fit and you 2 nor anyone else has the right to speak to him like a fool especially when you have no valid input to his question, you just wanted to try flame, why? is your life that bad and lacks meaning that much you attempt to make your self feel better by trying to put others down?
Rolleyes keyboard warrior's got to love them

paul
thread closed.

i have zero tolerance for flame-wars