Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Installed it tonight, cool add-on.

Is there a spot to make requests or is that done here?

Any plans for privacy settings?

I would like the ability to hide movies from public list for example,

I know it is also "community" / "social networking" type software but it would be nice to have the option of not showing up in the public database (just being able to access list if someone has the direct link.

Also some alternative "listing" styles would be great too. Like one that has the cover with movie title underneath... Or one that is just a text list of movies.

Thanks again for add-on
Thanks for all the feedback, suggestions, etc. I was planning on rolling lots of updates into a site refresh, but it feels a bit overwhelming, so I'm just going to go ahead with working the features into the current design. I'll immediately start working on things like site search, searching within your collection etc.

I'll look into the comments error - I haven't changed code so this must be database related. I think it may be due to the site running on a low-cost plan and requiring more money Smile
The site is not letting me post a comment on a movie in my collection. http://sharethe.tv/movies/ip-man-2-2010

The change you wanted was rejected.

Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to.

Fix please?

EDIT: wont let me comment on the first ip man either....
Ok, I think comments are working fine. Comments less than a certain length (10 chars I think) show that error message. That error message is obviously terrible and needs to be much more user friendly though. Posting a comment longer than 10 chars works fine. I set that minimum limit to prevent one word comments like "Great!", so that people spend more time posting useful comments.

@lansing: Yep, this is the spot for requests. I've taken those down and both are on the todo list.
[QUOTE=TheDuffMan]Ok, I think comments are working fine. Comments less than a certain length (10 chars I think) show that error message. That error message is obviously terrible and needs to be much more user friendly though. Posting a comment longer than 10 chars works fine. I set that minimum limit to prevent one word comments like "Great!", so that people spend more time posting useful comments.[quote]

I have my comment saved from when I got the first error and I still continue with the error. I have the comment in a txt file on desktop and copy and paste it into the comment box when I get the error.

Here is the comment
Code:
Peter Sellers Greatest performance. He thought so highly of this movie, even though the studio wouldn't go forward with it that he continued to play the roles in "The Pink Panther" to support it financially. Sadly a year after this movie was released Sellers died. See it, get it, Watch it.
Thanks Harro, I tried that and it complained that the comment was too long. I've double the comment length limit to something more reasonable and pushed the fix. Your comment will work fine now.
TheDuffMan Wrote:Thanks Harro, I tried that and it complained that the comment was too long. I've double the comment length limit to something more reasonable and pushed the fix. Your comment will work fine now.

LOL too short too long maybe use a thumbs up or down j/k Thanks for the site and your work. I know tons of people like and use the site. Nod
So i tried to read through all the settings and comments here, so i apologize if i am repeating a question here. But on my Apple Tv 2, when i launch it, it automatically connects to sharethe.tv and updates my library to the internet, but if i launch xbmc on my win 7 machine, it doesn't auto launch, i have to manually hit the add-on and then it works.

any suggestions, am i doing soemthing wrong, or forgot to install soemthing?

thanks
@pgoose: Is it configured to autorun in the settings of the addon?
Theduffman, yeah AppleTv works like a charm, when that library is updated, it shows sharethe.tv updating. But i never get to see that on my windows computer. I verified that it was set up correctly, actually matches everything on the ATV2
Hey Nick, besides working on site search, are you going to make any type of way for us to communicate/discuss about the comments or their movies? or private pm or something?
please dont stress over it if what im requesting is out of control. just throwing my 2 cents /suggestion/idea for the community.

to all the sharethe.tv members:
I knoticed that some of you have overwhelming amount of media on your library.
my question is do you guys have it setup with NAS media server or just a couple of HUGE drive in the pc itself. thanks!Nod
musa337 Wrote:my question is do you guys have it setup with NAS media server or just a couple of HUGE drive in the pc itself. thanks!Nod

I have a Time Capsule in my network, it has 2TB inside and an additional 2TB USB hard drive attached to it. I access this Time Capsule from XBMC in my iMac through Gigabit Ethernet port and from XBMC in my Apple TV 2 through WiFi 802.11n .
@pgoose: Ok, the next step is to enable debug logging for the addon. Then, check the logs: if it's autorunning, it should leave a message in the logs every 5 minutes saying "Movie count has not changed" or something like that. If there is no message in there, then it's not be started at startup for some reason. Please post a full debug log and I can go through it.

@musa337: Is the idea to be able to comment on things other than movies? Like leave messages on user's profile pages? I've been kicking around that idea but not sure when I'd implement it. Thanks!

Edit: tonight's updates include proper title sorting, so articles like 'a', 'an', 'the' are ignored. This weekend I'll have lots of time laid out, so I'm hoping to get the search going soon!
@TheDuffMan, thanks i just started the debug mode on there, one question, where does the logs go?
musa337 Wrote:Hey Nick, besides working on site search, are you going to make any type of way for us to communicate/discuss about the comments or their movies? or private pm or something?
please dont stress over it if what im requesting is out of control. just throwing my 2 cents /suggestion/idea for the community.

to all the sharethe.tv members:
I knoticed that some of you have overwhelming amount of media on your library.
my question is do you guys have it setup with NAS media server or just a couple of HUGE drive in the pc itself. thanks!Nod

Just a couple of huge drives, 2- 2tb drives, but now I worry about a hard drive crash Wink
Building a NAS.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38