Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2012-12-24, 16:58)TheDuffMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Owner here. There's two main issues with the site which I've put off looking at due to personal reasons for the last year:

1) The host I use locked down the database until I upgrade to a more expensive plan. I've been reluctant to do this because I've already spent hundreds of dollars on it, just as a personal project.

2) The API changes as doc776 mentioned above. That's going to take some work. The last time I looked into using the new API there was a memory leak, I hope that's been fixed since.

I don't want to make any promises guys, but I do feel like working on this over the holidays. I'll start by getting the databases working again so people can update/sign up. Then I'll address a new plugin version. I might put up a Paypal donation button to help with costs.

If anyone has design experience and some free time, please message me.

Thanks for the update and your hard work. Your efforts are appreciated. Have a Merry Xmas Cool

(2012-12-25, 15:38)woodyearl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update and your hard work. Your efforts are appreciated. Have a Merry Xmas Cool

Thanks, that means a lot!

Ok guys, I have a version of the ShareThe.TV addon running on Frodo RC2 Linux and it seems to be working fine. For now it will just do manual updates -- you need to run the addon for it to send an update. My goal was to get this up and running as quickly as possible at first and then worry about background updates after.

I'll post a version up here soon for people to try out after I do some more testing, and then I'll submit to the official repos!
Frodo addon: https://www.dropbox.com/s/42582wr2rykf63...ethetv.zip

I'm looking for beta testers before submitting it to the official repo. Please post your platform and any issues that come up. I've tested updates on Windows with Frodo RC2 and Linux (Ubuntu) with RC2 as well. Only manual updates are supported for now, so just run the addon from the programs menu to send an update to your profile.

Thanks all!
You're missing some required things in addon.xml
Language tag, python should be 2.1.0,
TheDuffMan:-

I've just updated my ATV 2 to Frodo RC2 from Eden just to get the sharethe.tv addon to work but Frodo is causing all sorts of problems on my ATV 2, so I've decided to revert back to Eden (and all is well again)

Is there anyway that you can please get the sharethe.tv addon to work within Eden? I would be forever in your debt.

Thanks in Advance
(2012-12-31, 19:28)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]You're missing some required things in addon.xml

Thanks for the feedback, I've made those changes in v2.0.3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgodflgodjq91s...-2.0.3.zip

ady199: It's not my top priority, but I could try and get around to it once Frodo is settled up. Have you tried running this version in Eden? Let me know what the error is if any and I might be able to suggest a fix.
@TheDuffMan,

Thank you very much for coming back.

Just re-installed the addon, looks like it picked up almost all of my movies.

Looking through my update list, I do have a bunch of movies with IMDB IDs, but no TMDB IDs. I take it that you can only add movies that are in the TMDB?
(2012-12-31, 23:53)TheDuffMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-31, 19:28)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]You're missing some required things in addon.xml

Thanks for the feedback, I've made those changes in v2.0.3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgodflgodjq91s...-2.0.3.zip

ady199: It's not my top priority, but I could try and get around to it once Frodo is settled up. Have you tried running this version in Eden? Let me know what the error is if any and I might be able to suggest a fix.

I've just tried to install this version on Eden but get an error message of:-

Add-on does not have the correct structure

Am I installing it correctly? I've copied the zip file to my ATV2 and have then gone to Add-ons>Install from zip file

Thanks in advance
(2013-01-01, 02:22)khaoohs Wrote: [ -> ]@TheDuffMan,

Thank you very much for coming back.

Just re-installed the addon, looks like it picked up almost all of my movies.

Looking through my update list, I do have a bunch of movies with IMDB IDs, but no TMDB IDs. I take it that you can only add movies that are in the TMDB?

Yes, that's correct, a requirement is the movie exists on TMDB.

ady199: Hmm, I don't like that error because it's not obvious what exactly is wrong... I will try and get to it with a suggestion soon.
I Google'd a way to get a list of movies out tonight, and one of the top results was this thread Smile

I downloaded the .zip from the Dropbox link above, and unzipped it to my addons directory. When I first went into addon's, and selected the script, it sat there for a while, and didn't appear to do anything. Then, in the notification area at the top of the screen was an error that it couldn't contact the server. I tried the script again, and success!

I am running Frodo RC1,(RC2 broke the Transparency Skin) and the script seems to be working perfectly, as going to the website, I am able to view my collection, barring about 20 movies that are not in TMDB. Excellent work on this, THANK YOU!

If I can make one small request..... Some type of dialog box that appears when you run the script, to show it is contacting the server, updating movie xx of xx... something just to know it is doing something Smile

Again, thanks for making this script / web hosting of the info available, EXCELLENT WORK!

(2013-01-02, 09:24)JohnWPB Wrote: [ -> ]I Google'd a way to get a list of movies out tonight, and one of the top results was this thread Smile

I downloaded the .zip from the Dropbox link above, and unzipped it to my addons directory. When I first went into addon's, and selected the script, it sat there for a while, and didn't appear to do anything. Then, in the notification area at the top of the screen was an error that it couldn't contact the server. I tried the script again, and success!

I am running Frodo RC1,(RC2 broke the Transparency Skin) and the script seems to be working perfectly, as going to the website, I am able to view my collection, barring about 20 movies that are not in TMDB. Excellent work on this, THANK YOU!

If I can make one small request..... Some type of dialog box that appears when you run the script, to show it is contacting the server, updating movie xx of xx... something just to know it is doing something Smile

Again, thanks for making this script / web hosting of the info available, EXCELLENT WORK!

Thanks. I like your idea and will include it before it gets submitted to the official repo.

@TheDuffMan

I've now managed to install v2.0.3 in Eden (on my ATV 2) by unzipping the contents of your zip and copying the files over to the addons directory - I go into configure and put in my sharethe.tv login and password and click OK but if I go out of the plugin and back in, it looses my settings - for some reason it's not saving my sharethe.tv login details

Help!!
(2013-01-02, 19:24)ady199 Wrote: [ -> ]@TheDuffMan

I've now managed to install v2.0.3 in Eden (on my ATV 2) by unzipping the contents of your zip and copying the files over to the addons directory - I go into configure and put in my sharethe.tv login and password and click OK but if I go out of the plugin and back in, it looses my settings - for some reason it's not saving my sharethe.tv login details

Help!!

Hmm, I didn't change addon settings file even from the Dharma version other than removing some options. Saving of the settings is handled by XBMC. Some ideas I can think of but just guesses are: permissions in the addon folder are messed up because it was copied/pasted, the settings aren't actually being saved due to skin? I'll think about this one some more.

EDIT: If you post a debug log it might have relevant info.
(2013-01-02, 19:40)TheDuffMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-02, 19:24)ady199 Wrote: [ -> ]@TheDuffMan

Help!!

Hmm, I didn't change addon settings file even from the Dharma version other than removing some options. Saving of the settings is handled by XBMC. Some ideas I can think of but just guesses are: permissions in the addon folder are messed up because it was copied/pasted, the settings aren't actually being saved due to skin? I'll think about this one some more.

EDIT: If you post a debug log it might have relevant info.

Apologies - it was a permissions thing.

I've just manually run the addon - fingers crossed it works - I'll let you know how it goes

(I would also like to see some sort of progress dialogue box - if it could be done then that would be great)

I hope it works, I've really missed this fantastic addon-on

It's worked!!! It's worked!!

I can confirm that it now works on Eden

THANK YOU so much for getting this working again
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38