Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Is the sharethe.tv-plugin already updated (without the memory-leak) ?
Had the same problem.
Version 1.1.0 is the updated version correcting any problems with memory and is available from the official repository.

@DejaVu77: Is this a new problem? I'd like to help: please enable debug logging for the addon, and then paste your xbmc debug log to pastebin.

@Hjord: Couple of reasons: movie not found on tmdb, different language that's not set as an alternative title on tmdb, etc. The easiest way to make sure a match is found is to use the IMDB id. I'm looking at displaying which movies weren't added in the future.
I've reinstalled since and have added Sharethe.TV's plugin. All seems fine now, but will post logs it happens again. May not be anything to do with Sharethe.TV afterall! Smile
2 Simple Suggestion -

The list of owners of a film should be hidden if over 10 (like a forum spoiler tag) as a lot of people are turning up with the same film. IE Inception (2010) 146 Owners - Once there are hundreds of people with the film it's the only thing you'll notice on the page.

Also, a simple 'This Movie is on your HTPC' to help stop me from re-acquiring the same film again when searching others would be awesome.

Been using the CouchPotato plugin script on Sharethe.TV today - AWESOMENESS!
any social networking integration yet? what are the plans on it? no hurry just wondering. Wink

Also something that is weird is that everytime I switch profiles from main to kids it uploads the new movies. I have the profiles to be seperate from each other so that I dont have all my kids movies in my profile etc.. But it gets frustrating sometimes like yesterday when I wanted to show a friend some of movie collection however last time I logged in was with my kids movies and all my sharethe.tv movies showed kids and not my other profile.

I would like to have all my movies shown on sharethe.tv from both profiles without having it to rescan each time I log in to each profile.

If not can I just turn off the plugin on my kids profile and have it on my main profile?
TheDuffMan Wrote:Version 1.1.0 is the updated version correcting any problems with memory and is available from the official repository.

Seems to have vanished...?
@TheDuffMan - maybe this was mentioned and I missed it, but how about ignoring leading articles like "the" when sorting on the website?

Thanks,
Would it be possible to turn the external links on the movies to open in a new page or tab?

External Links: imdb tmdb

That way a person doesnt have to keep pressing the back page to get to the movie he was looking at on Share.tv page
Wow, just came across this and it is great!

Would also like to see sorting ignoring the leading "the" in titles.
DejaVu77 Wrote:2 Simple Suggestion -

The list of owners of a film should be hidden if over 10 (like a forum spoiler tag) as a lot of people are turning up with the same film. IE Inception (2010) 146 Owners - Once there are hundreds of people with the film it's the only thing you'll notice on the page.

Also, a simple 'This Movie is on your HTPC' to help stop me from re-acquiring the same film again when searching others would be awesome.

Any thoughts on these Duffman?
Just signed up for site. My username got mangled at account creation, how do I delete my profile and create one with the correct user name?
@DejaVu77: Yes, you're right about the amount of owners getting crowded. A redesign of the movie show page is one of the current things I'm working on which will better show off users who own the movie, as well as other improvements. For the second suggestion, are you saying there'd be a notice on each movie page showing if you own the movie or not? I like that idea.

@rflores2323: No social media integration yet but that's something I will implement soon along with the new movie pages. Thanks for the heads up about profiles... I need to do some testing to see what exact behaviour can be expected. I think for now your best option may to be turning off automatic updates, and just triggering an update once and a while from your profile when you've updated your library.

@stoli: No one's mentioned this yet but you're right, and it will be fixed eventually. I think it'd make more sense that way.

@Harro: I'm generally against opening new tabs and breaking traditional navigation. If you're using a mouse, what about middle clicking the link to open a new tab each time?

@khaoohs: Giving the users the option to delete their own profiles is on the way, but not fully tested yet. PM me what you would like to see changed and I'll look at fixing it myself.

I've been busy making sure the site is fully tested and have pushed several bug fixes in different areas to the site over the last day or two. I'm now moving on to looking at design fixes for different browsers and redesigning the movie page.

For site news, we passed the 100,000 movies owned mark a few days ago! Thanks everyone for enjoying the site so much. I'll keep everyone posted about updates and happy new years!
I really love ShareThe.TV AND Trakt.tv but I really don't understand why it's two seperate products. ShareThe.TV gives a nice overview of all my movies (but no TV series) where Trakt only lists the things I've watched but also the TV series.

Combine the two and we'll have a really powerfull tool!
TheDuffMan Wrote:@DejaVu77: Yes, you're right about the amount of owners getting crowded. A redesign of the movie show page is one of the current things I'm working on which will better show off users who own the movie, as well as other improvements. For the second suggestion, are you saying there'd be a notice on each movie page showing if you own the movie or not? I like that idea.
Great news. And yes, 2nd suggestion - spot on! Smile

TheDuffMan Wrote:@stoli: No one's mentioned this yet but you're right, and it will be fixed eventually. I think it'd make more sense that way.
"The" Movies do make the back end of my Movie Library quite large!! Smile

TheDuffMan Wrote:@Harro: I'm generally against opening new tabs and breaking traditional navigation. If you're using a mouse, what about middle clicking the link to open a new tab each time?
CTRL +Click = Open new Tab! Wink

TheDuffMan Wrote:I've been busy making sure the site is fully tested and have pushed several bug fixes in different areas to the site over the last day or two. I'm now moving on to looking at design fixes for different browsers and redesigning the movie page.
Top Stuff! Great to see this progressing. I only use Sharethe.TV now when searching for movies!!
@TheDuffMan I've PM'd you my current username=khaooohs and what I wanted it to be khaoohs (one less 'o').
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38