Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
I'm using ShareThe.TV to show my collection to friends. One suggestion that I think is interesting in a future release is the possibility to show the title in other languages, when available in "Alternative Titles" of each movie at themoviedb. The reason is that for many movies its title is not an exact translation from the original title and then for some of them is sometimes not easy to find out quickly which is its title in another language as its known in the country.
Thanks!
Can we change 'Recent Comments' to 'Film Reviews'?

I don't want to be a killjoy, but I don't really want to wade through lists of people asking if a film is any good or people having conversations in the comments box. If it states 'Film Reviews' I'm sure only people that have watched it will add comments.

Reading things like 'I'm not sure if I'm gonna wotch this one as it's too scary' or 'Anyone seen this film yet?' That's just about to be released (Why do people bother with CAM's/TS's!!).

I think Sharethe.tv should be what it is, not a communal chat for people finding out about films.

I know moderating something like that could be bit of a mission, but if everyone knows before signing up it would help. Even a 'Report' button to get a comment removed perhaps?

If a query about a film is really required, perhaps a forum installed on the site...?

I'm prepared to watch a film, even if it is crap. I'll then report afterwards!

Just a thought.
need a FB addon Smile or another way to promote to non xbmc/sharethe.tv users.

scrapped 99% of my movies right, but that same 1% is the same ones xbmc had trouble with for some reason.
so not sharethe.tv's fault

pretty awesome!
Database is sending but library isn't changing at all on the site, I know they are videos that others have in theirs so it can't be because of a lack of information on the movies.
wilson.joe Wrote:Database is sending but library isn't changing at all on the site, I know they are videos that others have in theirs so it can't be because of a lack of information on the movies.

the same here... Huh
Me too Sad
DejaVu77 Wrote:Can we change 'Recent Comments' to 'Film Reviews'?

I don't want to be a killjoy, but I don't really want to wade through lists of people asking if a film is any good or people having conversations in the comments box. If it states 'Film Reviews' I'm sure only people that have watched it will add comments.

Reading things like 'I'm not sure if I'm gonna wotch this one as it's too scary' or 'Anyone seen this film yet?' That's just about to be released (Why do people bother with CAM's/TS's!!).

Perhaps a thumbs up, thumbs down on reviews that one finds informative, if something gets too many thumbs down its plucked from
the system.

I agree with you on the cam's,ts's and screeners they are
not even worth watching, when I watch something for the first time I want to watch it in quality, it takes from the experience when watching something of low quality..etc.
Sorry guys - occasionally, a backlog of library updates gets held up for a reason I'm trying to nail down. It just takes a restart from myself to fix, but sometimes it takes longer for me to be able to get back to a computer to do it. The backlogged jobs are being processed now and I'm looking for a way to fix this programmatically for the future.
AlessandroSS Wrote:I believe that the functionality you are referring to is already working:

- If you click on a movie appears a page with its detailed info and one of the info is the cast:
http://www.sharethe.tv/movies/gone-in-si...conds-2000

- Then click on an actor to show all movies participated:
http://www.sharethe.tv/movies/people/angelina-jolie

But may be you are referring also to a search tool that is not available and would be an interesting functionality.

http://sharethe.tv/alessandro

What i was indicating is a bit different.. one could add to the comments about a movie giving information like another movie, actor etc adding the ability to add links to other pages on the sight.. I realize the information is there indicating the actors in the given movie.
TheDuffMan Wrote:Sorry guys - occasionally, a backlog of library updates gets held up for a reason I'm trying to nail down. It just takes a restart from myself to fix, but sometimes it takes longer for me to be able to get back to a computer to do it. The backlogged jobs are being processed now and I'm looking for a way to fix this programmatically for the future.

Thanks DuffMan, I realize its a work in progress, and sometimes issues can be so small they are hard to track down, and at other times they can be right in front of ones face the whole time.. lol.. ahh the art of programming Smile and thanks again for such a wonderful plugin and site.Nod
Awesome script! Thank you!

Any chance to have an option to display just one big/ long wall with all of your movies on the website?

Maybe move Recent comments and followed users to the top, and have the movies cascade below?

Thank you in either case!!!!
Be awesome if we could make comments postable from xbmc itself, so we could comment right after watching a movie Tongue
Hi,

Great work with the site/addon.

I second the request for additional views for movies on the site: the wall view looks cool, but not exactly the best way to look through the list. Maybe some kind of list view with small posters and the title displayed?

Also, I have a movie that has not been added, although i'm not sure why. It is on TMDB and has the IMDB Id populated etc - is there anything I can try to get it on my list?

Thanks
Chris
Thanks for the input guys. It's been hard to find time lately to work on this but I've been spending the time I do have fixing bugs and making sure it's running well. I'm looking forwards hammering out new features again eventually but I'm trying to get the boring bug fixes out of the way first.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38