Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hiding the ExtraFanart folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to hide the ExtraFanart folder, I've got 20 images in a folder and using the SVC Transparency! it's a nice slide show... but I'm stuck with one Blue folder icon in the mix in file view mode.
you may be able to do that using advancedsettings.xml

according to the wiki:
Quote:<video>
<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>
Didn't seem to work for me...(I'll have to look at that a bit deeper) ok.. found the issue, it's talking about in the library... I guess I meant in file mode.
but a workaround, that brings joy is to stick in a folder.jpg of the same cover in the extrafanart folder and use the icons view and it doesn't look so obvious if there is only one video in that folder.

Thanks for the quick reply.
This works for me..

Code:
<video>
       <excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
       <regexp>[-._ \\/]Folder Name[-._ \\/]</regexp>
       </excludefromlisting>
      </video>
Just replace Folder Name with ExtraFanart Wink
If you need to hide more than 1 folder seperate with |, eg. folder1|folder2
Steveb Wrote:This works for me..

Code:
<video>
       <regexp>[-._ \\/]Folder Name[-._ \\/]</regexp>
       </excludefromlisting>
      </video>
Just replace Folder Name with ExtraFanart Wink
If you need to hide more than 1 folder seperate with |, eg. folder1|folder2

I've successfully hidden extrafanart folder using the above code, but it only works in file manager.
It still appears in the Music section in file mode.
In Music - Library Mode, it does not show the images in extrafanart.
I've renamed the extrafanart folder to .extrafanart and the directory is obviously hidden but the skin does not recognize the directory and does not show the images.
So, as this is skin related, wouldn't it be easier to resolve this if the skin just recognized and looked for the images in the .extrafanart also?
Or is it any other way to resolve this?
AdolfoDias Wrote:I've successfully hidden extrafanart folder using the above code, but it only works in file manager.
It still appears in the Music section in file mode.

the above code is for the videosection only,
i assume you've also added some code to hide folders in the music section?

Code:
[b]<audio>[/b]
       <excludefromlisting>
       <regexp>....whatever...</regexp>
       </excludefromlisting>
[b]</audio>[/b]
Thank you Ronie.
In did i assumed that was for video, but i wrongly used <music> instead of <audio>.
It works fine now. Again, thank you.
One other thing, if you don't mind:
I use, for music, the directory structure - Artist/Album/Music Files.
The extrafanart is inside the artist directory. (IMO normal for most users)
When i'm browsing in Music Files level, the images of extrafanart do not appear.
I could use a fanart.jpg inside every album, so this is not a big thing, but it would be a nice touch if the extrafanart worked there also.
there's indeed a small issue in filemode.
- when you're browsing artists: it should show extrafanart
- when you're browsing the albums of an artist: it should show extrafanart
- when you're browsing the songs of an album: currently broken!

will fix this right away.

in case you are having another issue with extrafanart, i'm gonna need a Debug Log
No, that's just it. I believe everything else is just fine with extrafanart.