Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to disable "press up to view trailer"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Could anyone point me in the right direction so I can disable this feature?

It's a bit annoying Tongue

Thankyou!!!!!

(ps. I've scoured the forums for ages trying to find a solution, so please someone point me in the right direction and make me look stupid)

-L
well it depends in which view mode your in,,,,

i use ShowCase view and i have to press ENTER to view the trailer,,,

not UP...
Hey,

Thanks for the reply eskro, but maybe I didn't make myself clear.

I don't want to view the trailers (I don't use trailers, and have none in my collection) I want to disable the pop-up dialogue that says "press up to view trailer".

I don't have any trailers, so I don't know why it's picking it up on some of my films and not others, but basically, I'd prefer to disable it. Is there an XML you can edit somewhere to remove this?

Please Help!

Huh

Nod
Configure the scraper to not add trailers and then clean the database to get rid of those already added.
or simply set INFO PANEL to MODE > OFF

see image
when you set the content for movies you have to check the 'advanced' tab, there you will find that you CAN enable or disable FANART or/and you CAN enable or disable trailers gathering when scrape process occurs Smile
Thanks everyone!

Eskro, unfortunately I want the film info displayed, so you're method doesn't work so well, but I've rescraped with the trailer option deselected, it sorted the problem!

Thanks again guys!
Big Grin
Nod
Argh...

I *thought* it had fixed the problem. But it hasn't.

I still get an annoying little black box appear on the info panel for seemingly random films (i have no trailers in my film folders) and I have tried:

set content - settings - enable trailers from HD trailers.net - No

followed by cleaning the library.

This didn't work, so I removed the source and started a fresh, set the content, disabled trailers, and still they appear...

Any ideas? Is there another hidden menu somewhere else to disable trailers?

Thanks again guys!
Do you have .nfo files in your movie folders that have been generated by doing an export to multiple files? In that case the trailers are still in those .nfo files.
Sailivi,

Thanks for that pointer, I tried it, deleted all the .nfo's and rescraped them using ember media manager. I then removed my film source, added it again, set enable trailers from HDtrailers.net - No.

But they still appear!!??

Where is the flag/info about the trailers stored? It only appears for some of my films but it's SO annoying that I cant get rid of it.

Please help!!

Thankyou!!
Eek
Nod
You mentioned that you disabled the hd-trailers.net in the IMDB scraper settings, but did you disable the fall back on imdb trailers setting on the same page?

There's also a trailer setting under "settings / advanced / use usetrailer script for trailer in movie info"
Another question about this topic, that hast never been answered to me (seems that MarcosQui does not really read what the people are writing): If I play the trailer from this view, it plays in the background, meaning I hear the sound, but don't see the trailer as the skin stays in the menu. This way the option is unusable anyways...
pigeldi Wrote:Another question about this topic, that hast never been answered to me (seems that MarcosQui does not really read what the people are writing): If I play the trailer from this view, it plays in the background, meaning I hear the sound, but don't see the trailer as the skin stays in the menu. This way the option is unusable anyways...

Maybe you should post your problem in the relative Aeon MQ2 thread.
FOUND IT!

finally.... it was hidden in the .nfo file, a trailer url, scraped and put there by ember media manager (i had to turn the trailer setting off in like 3 different locations on ember before it would actually stop scraping the trailer url, its a tenecious little program!)

Thankyou everyone for your help...

Now, on a slightly different note, I don't suppose anyone would care to explain why the Aeon fonts work everywhere except in the library view (movie title)??

They work on the home menu, and everywhere else, I'm super confused about this one....
Big Grin
Nod
Huh
pigeldi Wrote:Another question about this topic, that hast never been answered to me (seems that MarcosQui does not really read what the people are writing): If I play the trailer from this view, it plays in the background, meaning I hear the sound, but don't see the trailer as the skin stays in the menu. This way the option is unusable anyways...

try pressing "Tab" Wink
Pages: 1 2