Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mouse as remote (no pointer)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
Is there anyway I can set up xbmc to be controlled by my wireless mouse as if it were a remote control?
I don't want to use the mouse with a pointer but instead I want to map e.g the left mouse button to say play/pause and the scroll wheel to the volume etc.
I know about kemap.xml but I haven't found any info of how to specificly map the various mouse buttons, only what to map them to.
You can't remap the mouse buttons. The only way to use your wireless mouse will be to use it as a mouse.

JR
Works for me with my wireless Logitech MK700 mouse... but I do use it as a mouse... like what's wrong with that? Occasionally I'll have to move my drink, or use my pant leg for a mouse pad, but depending on the skin... some are better than others for mouse control (I use Transparency!) I can skip ahead with the mouse wheel... pick and chose selections, turn volume up & down using the mouse wheel if the audio is in focus. If needed the OSD pops up with all the controls at my finger tips. I've been tempted to go with a remote, but for all the 'other uses' like cruising the web, I've decided the mouse is here to stay.