Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Getting back button to go back to video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like my back button my remote set to ParentDir so it usually works like a back button navigating back up the tree to the home menu.

The problem is that I have people in my house who aren't so technically inclined. So when they accidentally hit the back button while watching a video, there's no way for them to possibly get back to the video that is currently playing. It just sits there behind the menu screen, taunting them. You can hit the back button all you want, and it just goes back to the home screen.

I don't want to map another button to my remote. I don't want to teach them a new button on the remote, they'll just get confused. I think it's intuitive that if I hit the back button on the home screen, and a video is playing, it should go back to the video that is playing.

Is there any way to do this?
map it to fullscreen.
Ahhh... you can edit keys for specific windows. I don't know if that's what you meant. But thanks for giving me the idea to look.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Create a keymap.xml like this and voila.

Code:
<keymap>
  <Home>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>FullScreen</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>
</keymap>