Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC-live Dharma RC2 + REVO 3160 + Sony Bravia = no HDMI audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed xbmc-live Dharma rc2 onto my Acer Aspire Revo 3160 and everything seems to work except for audio over HDMI to my Sony Bravia (KDL-46V25L). I tried pretty much all permutations of audio settings in xbmc. I'm sure the REVO HMDI audio work to this TV because it had Windows7 connected via HDMI before XBMC-live and audio was getting to the TV fine.

I've searched a lot an none of the XBMC-live HMDI audio issues seem to relevant to Dharma RC2.

Has anyone had any HDMI audio issues with Dharma RC2, particularly with the Acer REVO 3160?
Hi,

First thing i would do is set your audio config like this

audio output - hdmi
speaker config - 2.0
disable both dolby digital and dts capable receiver
audio output device - hdmi
passthrough device - hdmi

If that still doesn't work, go into programs from the main menu of the default confluence skin. Select audio mixer and make sure all the iec devices are not muted.

cheers
Make sure the channels aren't muted in the new mixer that comes with Live.

Go to Programs -> Audio Mixer and unmute all the channels.

When I upgraded to RC1 from 9.11 live I also had no HDMI sound because of this.

HTH
Thank you both- there was a muted channel in the new mixer ('IEC958',1) that I un-muted. That solved my problem! I have no idea how long it would have taken me to find that mixer on my own- thanks for pointing that out!
audio output - digital
speaker config - 2.0
disable both dolby digital and dts capable receiver
audio output device - hda nvidia hdmi
passthrough device - hda nvidia hdmi
Thanks to harryzimm,

I had the same problem, and your advice solved it perfectly.

Thanks
Wow. Just "upgraded" to Dharma and spent HOURS trying to solve this. Thanks for the posts in this thread. I would never in a hundred years thought to check out the "programs" section to solve this.