Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Existing movie.nfos not showing, new install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a ton of movies and have used Media Center Master (with the XBMC movie.nfo checked) on all of them. The movies are currently in their own folders with what I have found is the proper hierarchy. Online, I have seen screenshots of interfaces displaying all sorts of extra information on them. I've downloaded a couple XBMC skins to make sure that the issue wasn't caused by a specific skin or whatnot.

I just cannot get that extra info up! The only thing XBMC seems to be reading is the folder.jpg and the fanart for the backgrounds. I cannot see any movie plot outlines (this is very important!) or any other text information.

I tried all sorts of different views, including "showcase" in Aeon which is supposed to have movie outlines built right in. What the heck am I missing here?
Set Content on your Movies folder then scan.
Ok, reading a bunch of faqs i found out about the context button "C". I go to the videos option from the home screen, hit "..", go to the source I set up and hit the C key. I then go to Set Content and set to movies.

The Run Automated Scan and Scan Recursively options turn off every time I leave that window. I find that strange.

Is it accurate to say that if everything is done correctly, the movies should all show up in the movies window (off the home screen) complete with the *.nfo information on the screen? If so, the movies window is completely empty, saying "populate it with the videos window". All movies show in the videos window, just no other information but the graphics, like i said.When I hit the scan button a progress bar pops up on the top of the screen for all of two seconds.

So yah, still not working