Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Still have audio problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that this topic has been posted many times, and there have been many (attempted?) solutions. But none that I have read here, or elsewhere, have worked for me.

First, I am running Fedora 13 x64 - it seems no one has posted anything about Fedora here. Basically, I have SPDIF output direct to my HTS. I know that this works ok, since all of the gnome menu sounds work, as well as the audio from other applications. In particular, I have no audio problems with mplayer (or any of its gui frontends like smplayer). So the problem shouldn't be with my linux setup (right?).

When I start a video in XBMC, I get the "Failed to initialize audio" message. But If I drop down the audio settings menu, make a change - like "output stereo to all speakers" - then change that back to it's original setting, audio works, including 5.1.

I have tried custom mixers, disabling pulseaudio, as well as anything else that was suggested here. But still the same result. Although this is not really a show stopper, it is a bit of a hassle.

So is there anything else I should try?

One caveat to this: I have a couple of videos with 5.1 AAC audio that will only play the audio front L/R channels, no matter what I try. Again, mplayer has no problems with this format.

I really like XBMC. The system it runs on is almost exclusively for playing videos to my HD system, and the XBMC gui is perfect for maintaining a large library of videos. So I really would like to get this resolved.

Again, sorry for the re-posing of this subject. But any help at this point will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

ken