Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] Acer Revo 1600 + Logitech Z-2300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Acer Revo:
Ubuntu 10.04
Dharma Rc2

I got these Z-2300 's is a cheap option for better sound as i have been having alot of issues hearing DTS speech with the inbuilt speakers of my Samsung ln40a500t1f

Anyway the Samsung does not have an 1/8 out so i was gonna plug it directly into the Revo, however i had no luck with any of the settings options on sound.

Any recommendations?

Drew
Drew,

You've actually got a very similar setup to mine (revo1600, samsung ln40a550, logitech z2300). What I would recommend is to instead plug the z-2300 into the *headphone out* jack on your TV. Run the Revo into the TV video HDMI. That way, you only have to control the volume on your TV remote and everything gets routed to the z-2300.
the 500 doesnt have a Headphone jack out from what i see on the back, and on the manual

Drew
Im fine with plugging into the revo, however i just need to know how to make that work, any ideas?

Drew
Ah I see. The 550 has a headphone jack on the left side of the bezel, I just assumed this was standard on all models.

Anyway, just make sure your audio out is set to analog and I would think you should be good to go. Do you have it set to digital/hdmi/etc right now? You should be able to find this in Settings > System Settings > Audio Output.
I'm assuming these speakers only have a line in?

Something like the following should work:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker Configuration: 2.1
Boost Volume Level On Downmix: Enable
Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable Receiver: Disable
DTS Capable Receiver: Disable
Audio Output Device: Defaults
prae5 Wrote:I'm assuming these speakers only have a line in?

The Z-2300 has a fixed 8mm cable with no real "inputs". Honestly, they're one of the two systems people talk about when you mention professional 2.1 systems - the other being the Klipsch Pro-media. Extremely good speakers if you're more of a music person than a movie person.