Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Volume change custom script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am running xbmc dharma rc1 on ubuntu 10.10. .
My denon AVR3310 (receiver) has a network interface which is currently connected directly to the media server via a crossed cable. With this, i can send commands to my receiver from my media server like volume up, volume down, ... so the volume changes on the receiver instead of on my media server. (echo MVUP | telnet receiver.local , wonderful how geeky this isSmile )
I managed to remap XF86AudioLowerVolume (keyboard button to lower volume) in ubuntu to execute a custom script: when i am in ubuntu, i can successfully change the volume on my receiver via the keyboard shortcut.

When i start XBMC, it looks like xbmc overrules the ubuntu keyboard shortcuts and instead of changing the volume of my receiver, it changes the volume of the system itself.

Is it possible to somehow disable xbmc to intercept these key presses and let them go through to the operating system so it can do what i specified in the keyboard shortcuts? If not, is it possible to map a custom script on a specific keyboard press in xbmc?

Thanks a lot for your answer
anyone?
I'm actually trying to answer the same question, and this is the first thing that popped up in Google. Doesn't sound too promising, but did you ever figure it out? Thanks.
Hey! no idea on how to do that, I'm surprised you could even do that mapping from within ubuntu itself. I wanted to ask, if I may, since you are using my same OS and xbmc version Smile (well I think I'm on Eden actually) if you remember how to set it up so that volume controls the master or pcm instead of front, cause whenever I leave xbmc and try to just use ubuntu for anything, I can't put music cause center/rear/sub sounds at full blast and only way so far is by manually reducing volume on the receiver.

I remember there was a place in which to adjust that but dont remember how or where Sad

ELP