Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Windows] Sometimes I can not access the "logout" menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.

I have my XBMC set up now and must say I am very impressed with it. But sometimes there is no way to exit the application. I run it on a dedicated Win7 64 bit HTPC from Asrock 330HT. And when it happens I can not access the menu that lets you log out or exit/restart XBMC.

First I thought this happened after I had done some updates but then it happened without any updates.

My problem is that I sometimes want to change profiles because I have my own profile for my kids. So this is a big problem because I will have to log me in remotely to shut down XBMC or even worse make a hard restart of the comp to be able to select profiles.

I have also tried with two different themes Confluence and Transparency.

Now it is not a problem that happens everytime I use XBMC but often enough.

Anybody seen this before or have any suggestions on how to fix it?
Hi tormi,

I have the same problem as described in this thread when using Transparency:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86469

I have not tested the solution in svn though, but maybe this could also fix
your problem.
I haven't really had any problems exiting the application BUT...

If you have a keyboard hooked up to the box, try pressing Alt-Enter. That should shift the program out of full screen and into a windowed mode, making the minimize, maximize and close buttons accessible. Pressing it again will restore full screen mode.

Also, windows programs can normally be told to close by using the Alt-F4 combination. I've tested it and it works on mine.

Hope this helps,
~NSW
NightStormWolf Wrote:I haven't really had any problems exiting the application BUT...

If you have a keyboard hooked up to the box, try pressing Alt-Enter. That should shift the program out of full screen and into a windowed mode, making the minimize, maximize and close buttons accessible. Pressing it again will restore full screen mode.

Also, windows programs can normally be told to close by using the Alt-F4 combination. I've tested it and it works on mine.

Hope this helps,
~NSW

I do not have a keyboard hooked up usually, but yes that does fix it. Not having a keyboard is part of my plan with my HTPC. Thanks for answers though will check out the posted thread.
When you say you can't access the "logout" menu, what do you mean?

Presumably you're using the Asrock remote. Do you mean XBMC stops responding to the remote, or that XBMC and the remote still work but for some reason you can't open the logout menu? If the latter, can you describe how you're trying to open the logout menu.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:or that XBMC and the remote still work but for some reason you can't open the logout menu? If the latter, can you describe how you're trying to open the logout menu.

JR

I use the XBMC remote, at Home Screen I press down so that the "shutdown" button becomes active. I try to press OK but nothing happens. When it works the excact procedure works fine.
ronie Wrote:if you want to fix it yourself in the current stable version,
add the line in bold in DialogButtonMenu.xml:

Code:
    [b]<onclick>dialog.close(all,true)</onclick>[/b]
    <onclick>system.logoff</onclick>

Here is the fix if others find this thread. It should be autoupdated in the next stable release though.