Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Dharma RC2 - Pictures Screensaver & Library Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, this is a strange one here and maybe I'm being picky, but here goes! Using XBMC Live Dharma RC2 on Asrock ION 330HT - which works great BTW!!

I have set the screensaver to 'Pictures', with the source pictures on a network drive (win7 smb share) and screensaver starts after 3 min. Sleep timer set to 20min.

So screensaver starts at 3min, then after 20min it goes into sleep. THEN after it wakes, screensaver is still active, but the library update starts - this freezes XBMC until the library update finishes!! Which can be a while, depending on how many updates there are... After the update i can stop the screensaver and use XBMC normally.

Is this normal or by-design? Or a minor bug?

Anyone else got this issue?

Cheers

Craig
What do you mean by "sleep"? Suspend, Hibernate?

EDIT: I can confirm that the screensaver is still active when powering up again, both from hibernate and suspend. The library update kicks in, but I can abort the screensaver with just any click on my ASRock 330HT remote. No freezes here

You need to reproduce it and create a Debug Log.
Hmm..
Today I couldn't make anything after a PC sleep. Totally dead. I had to reboot the machine before it started to respond to my remote again... strange.