Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Poor trailer streaming quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if I could get some help with streaming movie trailers.

First off:
-XBMC on Windows 7 x64 Pro
-Dharma RC 2
-Roadrunner 15 mbps cable connection (~1.8 MB/s saturated connection)
-Streaming 480p videos

Now, my issues aren't as bad when using the Apple Movie trailers script, but the trailers I watch are constantly buffering. Watch 30 seconds, buffer for 40, watch 15 seconds, buffer for 30, etc.

Ideally, I'd like to stream 720p trailers with no buffering, and I think my network should be able to do that.

Does anyone have any ideas?
when u have problems, please try the same trailer+same quality on http://apple.com/trailers, see if it buffers just as slow...

it's just a theory at this point, but I think apple host some trailers on very slow servers.
So you think it's the servers the trailers are hosted on and not my network?

What about increasing the buffer length in XBMC?
This seems to be a known issue with the latest Dharma builds (and maybe some older builds) Not sure exactly what the problem is but addons like Apple Movie trailers work fine, but the trailers option on the info page, just starts and buffers over and over again.

They said there is no way fix for it and likely won't be fixed anytime soon. Best solution is to get a program like Ember Media Manager, and try to auto scape all the trailers you can from tmdb and store them locally in the movie folder then they all play great.
@threaddog IF my theory is correct, only way buffers would help is if the entire trailer would fit in the buffer, which would also mean it would all have to be downloaded before it starts to play.

But PLEASE try my theory of using a www browser with same trailer to see if I'm correct
This is a serieus problem for a while now. There are more topics on XBMC forum about this issue. Search XBMC forum for hdtrailers.net or indeed appletrailers. Yesterday i installed the the stable 10.00 release the problem still exists.
About checking in the browser. This does work without any problems.
When i install XBMC on my windows pc i also have the buffering problem.
I use xbmc live on my HTPC.
Good to see some response from the team.

Check:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83342