Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for Tutorial on how to manage Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have quite a movie collection now sitting on my NAS and XMBC is performing great so far, but I have always wondered why only a few movies are being listed when I select Library Mode.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial which tells me how to set up my folder structure to work with XMBC Library?

Usually I mapped my network drives and just selected the folders with XBMC. Then I made use of the scrappers so that XBMC downloads the movie posters - this works for most of my movies but I have to use the thumbnail view. For most of my Animes it does not work and also TV series don't seem to be recognised correctly - maybe my folder structure is wrong. Still I would like to have thumbnails even for my anime, maybe I can supply a custom jpg but I don't know how XBMC would automatically detect this.

So yeah I really need a tutorial und how to set up and make use of the library. I haven't really found much help on the wiki since I need a total starters guide to make XBMC look even better Smile

thanks in advance!
Thanks, now I found the relevant entrys. Looks like the best way is to export my Library and then edit the nfo files.