Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Play ripped Blu-ray Disc directory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a windows post that says it's possible to play ripped blu-ray directories with the latest release.

Can anyone provide detailed instructions on how to do that in Linux? I've tried selecting the MovieObject.bdmv or index.bdmv files, but nothing plays.
Ok, so I subscribed to the libbluray ppa and the vlc ppa. I can play the blu-ray folder by just going to VLC and going to "Media>Open Directory".

Is there a similar "Open Directory" option for xbmc? Maybe that's how you play the blu-ray directories.
Just start the index.bdmv file. or turn on stacking and it should just press the directory.
elupus Wrote:Just start the index.bdmv file.

I tried selecting the index.bdmv file, but nothing plays. Is there some default setting that I need to change? I'm running XBMC 10.0-rc2 r35567.

elupus Wrote:or turn on stacking and it should just press the directory.

Ok, I selected the blu-ray directory and selected "Play" in the context menu, and it adds all the /BDMV/STREAM/*.mt2s files to "Now Playing". I'm assuming that is the expected behavior, however, it is including all the extra video and not just the main movie. Is there away to set it to play just the main movie?