Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SageTV Integration - Movies and TV Shows archiving compatible with XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Oh, and one more thing. Wink (actually a different thing)

There is a show in TVDB (Hometime, #82287) for which I entered the current season, but when I entered it I gave it the wrong season number. I re-entered all the info in a new season and the admins deleted the old season. That's all good and the web site reflects that. However, when SAGE_XBMC tries to deal with the file, it gets two matches based on air date and episode name. One is in season 0 and one is in the correct season. SAGE-XBMC then says there was no match because there was more than one match.

I downloaded the series XML with the API, there is a season 0 that is a complete duplicate of season 24. I checked some other series, and I didn't see this in other XML outputs. I put a request in the TVDB forum to eliminate the season 0 information from the XML feed, but I thought I'd see if maybe when you're bored you could have SAGE-XBMC ignore results from season 0 if there is another match.

For now I'm just manually archiving this show as well, and that'll due if nothing changes.
kricker Wrote:Cool. I'm getting ready for my first test of it. Since I do not need the mysql stuff, do I remove everything within the XBMCMySQLServer section. Or should I just leave it alone?
Just leave in in the Config.xml. It will be gracefully ignored...

pkscuot Wrote:SAGE-XBMC doesn't match the episode information because the date doesn't match. So unless I allow manual archiving, the show doesn't get transfered.
I'm allowing manual transfers now just to get the show into XBMC, but it would be nice if there was some way to "try harder" to find the episode information.
It will try and match on Air date and title if both are available from Sage. If only 1 is available, it will try to match on only 1. If none are available, you're only option is manual archiving.
I'm guessing these recordings do not have titles, so it only has orig air date to go on. If you start matching original air dates on the closest (not exact) date from the TVDB, mismatches are bound to occur.
For now, i would stick with a single TVDB lookup and fall back to manual archiving. I'm working on improving the manual archiving so you can set it to use the date it was recorded as the date that shows up in XBMC. That will at least help for ordering the TV shows in XBMC's library and seeing which recording is most recent.

pkscuot Wrote:...
SAGE-XBMC then says there was no match because there was more than one match.

I downloaded the series XML with the API, there is a season 0 that is a complete duplicate of season 24. I checked some other series, and I didn't see this in other XML outputs. I put a request in the TVDB forum to eliminate the season 0 information from the XML feed, but I thought I'd see if maybe when you're bored you could have SAGE-XBMC ignore results from season 0 if there is another match.
Does Sage-XBMC not match on anything? It should use one of the results, at least that's how I intended to set up the logic.
This is more of a one-time TVDB integrity error, though, and should be resolved on their end. If you have a debug log of this happening, I'd like to see it.

For those interested:
I'm planning on doing a minor release of Sage-XBMC sometime in the next few weeks, to fill some of the minor requests I've gotten from you guys and improve overall stability.

After that release (assuming things are stable ), I'm focusing on another project I've just started. This project is for XBMC users that have PlayOn. It will take the content that you want from PLayOn (e.g. netflix movies or Hulu TV Shows) and add them to XBMC's native library.
I hate browsing through Playon's UPNP directories. It's slow and ugly, so I'm gonna try this route Big Grin. I've done a small proof-of-concept test, and it worked.
kricker Wrote:My guess is this will redirect to all my shows no matter if they have been compressed or not. I do not record any Paid Programming, but I figure I might as well leave that exclusion in there. Does this look right?
Yes, that config looks right. It will record all TV shows, using redirect/symlinks.
Did it work for you? I use the same setup.
Yup, it worked fine. Thank You. I just need to figure out how I really plan to use this. I use SickBeard to grab most of the show I record as well. I usually prefer to watch those as they already have all the commercials removed. The recordings are kinda my backup. Using this means I end up with duplicates that I then have to clean up.

Since I use symlinks, when deleting one of these "Sage" shows in XBMC it leaves behind the copied edl and the original recording and edl file as well. I'll admit I have not had much time to fully read thru the thread yet to see if this has already been addressed.

I'm starting to think if I just had something that made XBMC .nfo files for each recording in the SageTV default recording directory, I'd have no need of symlinking and duplicating .edl files.
kricker Wrote:I'm starting to think if I just had something that made XBMC .nfo files for each recording in the SageTV default recording directory, I'd have no need of symlinking and duplicating .edl files.
Yeah, i thought about that approach. Currently sage only supports type zero (cut) .edls, which i didn't want, so i chose the other approach.
Although, it could possibly be added as an option to just create .nfo files in sage's recording dirs. I'll have to think about that.
RELEASE:

Details:
  • Automatically delete 'artifacts' when a video is deleted from the dropbox - .nfo, .tbn. .edl, .srt, etc files are cleaned up.
  • Added ability to automatically generate episode thumbnails for episodes that don't have an image available on thetvdb.com
  • Added option to propagate symlink deletes: when a 'redirected' show's symlink is deleted, the original recording that it points to will also be deleted.
  • Added ShowFilter option, foce_air_today, which will set the Aired Date for manual archives to today instead of using Sage's date from the program guide.
  • Added logic to catch 'bad' dates (+- 1 year of Jan 1, 1970), and automatically switch them to today's date.
  • Added <ForceCurrentAirDateGenres> option. All genres in this group will be forced to use today's date as the Aired Date (e.g. "News").
  • Added Sage<-->XBMC synchronization for watched statuses, resume points, and last played dates (requires XBMC MySQL server).
  • Fixed bug where max_tvdb_lookups parameters was not being inherited correctly.
  • If a show's max_tvdb_lookups = 1, and the lookup fails, the show will be manually archived immediately instead of in the next run.
  • Added a staging_area parameter for external compression. This is the folder where all temporary copies are stored while compression is going on. This can be used to avoid compressing over the network.
  • Fixed bug where keep_original="false" was being ignored for external compression.
  • Fixed bug where keep_original was being overridden by allow_partial option.
  • Fixed bug where process list was not obtained successfully if there was a space in the path.
  • Fixed bug where process spawn date was not in user's local time.
  • Added ability to handle episode numbers > 99
  • If a Season zero (special) match is found on thetvdb.com, it will be ignored if there is also a regular season match.
  • Many other minor bug fixes and improvements....
I think I got most of the user requests in here. I've tested as best I can. If everything is stable, this will be the last release for a while.

-BradVido88
Thanks, I'll be testing tonight.
bradvido88 Wrote:[*]Automatically delete 'artifacts' when a video is deleted from the dropbox - .nfo, .tbn. .edl, .srt, etc files are cleaned up.

Quick question before I start testing Thursday. Is this clean up optional, and is it just for the episode? I added some local fan art to a couple of my manual archives for the series information, and I'd hate to lose that if I can avoid it. I will, of course, live if the series fan art disappears. It'll just be a slightly sadder existence... Wink
pkscuot Wrote:Quick question before I start testing Thursday. Is this clean up optional, and is it just for the episode? I added some local fan art to a couple of my manual archives for the series information, and I'd hate to lose that if I can avoid it. I will, of course, live if the series fan art disappears. It'll just be a slightly sadder existence... Wink
It is only for the episode. It will only delete [episode_name].ext where ext is one of .tbn .nfo .jpg .edl .srt
It wont touch the series items.
It isn't currently configurable to be optional.
Thank you for your efforts on this SageTV-XBMC integration project..

I have been using it successfully on my PC...

Lately, I have been playing around with my new AppleTV 2 device...works fine except will not play my symlinked video...

I know I had to type this...fsutil behavior set SymlinkEvaluation L2L:1 R2R:1 L2R:1 R2L:1...to get it working on my PC...

Anyway to get them to play on ATV 2?

Thank you again Smile
I just bought an AppleTV and am having the same problem. It must be something with the symlinks.If I add one of my SageTV drives as a source I can browse and play the files, but they won't play through the symlinks. I need to do some more research on this.

However, only SD files will play cleanly. All my HD recordings buffer and stutter constantly. From what I've read here, the ATV2 only has (currently) hardware acceleration for H.264. I don't know if I'll ever be able to use the ATV2 as a front end for SageTV with this limitation. I would need to convert all my recordings to H.264, which this plugin will do, but it seems like a lot of efort for a show we'll only watch once....

This script does work great on my ion based pc running XBMC. All HD recordings play back flawlessly.
bradvido88 Wrote:RELEASE:

Details:
  • If a Season zero (special) match is found on thetvdb.com, it will be ignored if there is also a regular season match.
Can you elaborate on what that means?
xboxkid Wrote:Lately, I have been playing around with my new AppleTV 2 device...works fine except will not play my symlinked video...

I know I had to type this...fsutil behavior set SymlinkEvaluation L2L:1 R2R:1 L2R:1 R2L:1...to get it working on my PC...

Anyway to get them to play on ATV 2?
No, I don't believe there is a way to use the symlinks with the ATV. The workaround for this would be for me to generate .nfo files right next to the original recordings. This functionality will probably be added down the road because there are some good use cases for it.
Maybe you could SSH in and execute the ATV equivalent of fsutil behavior set SymlinkEvaluation L2L:1 R2R:1 L2R:1 R2L:1... but i don't know what that is or if it exists.

dgeezer Wrote:However, only SD files will play cleanly. All my HD recordings buffer and stutter constantly. From what I've read here, the ATV2 only has (currently) hardware acceleration for H.264.
Yes, this is an ATV problem and one of the many reasons I don't own one.

kricker Wrote:Can you elaborate on what that means?
If a Season zero (special) match is found on thetvdb.com, it will be ignored if there is also a regular season match.
This is to fix the problem posted earlier in the thread where there was an incorrect copy of a regular season masquerading as a season.0 on thetvdb.com.
Basically, Season.0 matches on the tvdb get a lower priority that any other season.
So if a Show's title and air date match for both S0E03 and S4E12, then S4E12 will be used. If it only matches on S0E03, then S0E03 will still be used.
I think I found a bug (or maybe just a documentation oversight), although it isn't a biggie and has a very easy work around. It appears that max_tvdb_lookups is not honored if it is placed in a <Group> tag. I had all my shows grouped with max_tvdb_lookups="1" in the group, but the log showed that it was waiting for three failed attempts, which is the default. By moving the max_tvdb_lookups to each shows <add> tag it works properly.

Oh, and in the example config.xml file I think there is a typo in the list of attributes for <add> or <group>. There is a new one called foce_air_today. I haven't tried it, but I bet it's really suppose to be force_air_today. I wouldn't normally nit pick, but I suspect one will work and the other won't. '-)
I've been testing this latest version, and it is working well.

My big problem now is that my recordings have been moved all over the place over time, and consequently the media file in the meta data doesn't match where they are now - or even a path the exists anymore. I looked at the sage web api and no obvious fixes jump out, so I'll live with it.

It should work fine for new recordings.

Thanks for all your effort and bug fixing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15