Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlist view on phone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started using the android remote and it works like a charm. I'm really glad I don't have to turn my tv on for music listening.

But maybe I overlooked it, but is it possible to go to the playlist section of the music library. So, to the location where my .m3u playlists are stored and to play from there? I have a large music collection so I mostly play from playlists.

Thanks in advance!
not sure, i use pls files and it works fine...
Could somebody explain me how this is achieved then? Even with a .pls playlist I get a "this is no folder" error when selecting it in file mode on my phone. The .m3u I can see and select but nothing happens.

I have my playlist in the userdata folder in playlist and i see them in xbmc and I can use them. I also have them in my music folder on de hdd and then I see them on my phone.

If this is not implemented yet, in the remote... I would like it very much! Especially .m3u support.
I have the same problem with the playlists.
I want to turn the webradio on without using the TV...
So I tried it with pls lists in the music folder but that doesn't work.

Could someone explain how to use playlists and/or listening to webradio with the XBMC remote?

Thanks...
I just asked for this support in another thread about Shoutcast. I too save my streams as *.pls and have them set up as *.m3u in my playlists. A Playlist option would be great!
FYI, From the issue tracker:

Issue 442: Streaming *.pls support
i can play pls files stored in a folder in the music library. they are only visible in folder view. i can't just press them once to play them, i have to long press and select "play selection"
I also got it worked by pressing the button long and select "play folder"

I tried it with pls lists and a normal windows link to an m3u webradio (from here: http://web.ard.de/radio/radionet/)
It both works...
Doesn't work for me. If I long press and select play folder nothing happens. If I short press it brings up another folder and if I long press it and select play I get an error message. Using the other "unofficial" XBMC remote from the market I can play them, no problem.