Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SMB Problems Apple Mac Mini 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

i used an apple mac mini 2010 for HTPC with windows 7 and Bootcamp. I used an install guide from Terri W. in an internet blog (very good). But when i use Dharma 1 or Dharma 2 everything works fine for the moment. But when i have watched a movie and pressed the stop button or when i don´t used the mini mac for a while the SMB network file access is very very very slow. To slow even to hear music and changing the directory is even very slow. After an reboot everything works fine. I used vlcplayer too. And when i don´t boot in xbmc and use only vlcplayer everything is fine. When i used xbmc and after watching one or two movies the smb is slow. VLCplayer has the same problem. After a reboot everything is fine. I used the newest broadcom driver netxtreme. Is the problem the SMB2 protocol?

Can you help me please? There are other MAc User or PC Users who have the same problem?

Greetings

Michael
SMB on Snow Leo is pretty much screwed up. I have stuck to Leopard on my media hackintoshes for that reason. Another good option is NFS, or forcing whatever your server is to use AFP.
poofyhairguy Wrote:SMB on Snow Leo is pretty much screwed up. I have stuck to Leopard on my media hackintoshes for that reason. Another good option is NFS, or forcing whatever your server is to use AFP.

But if leleo73 is using Bootcamp and Win7 the Mac OSX should make no difference.

@leleo73: I use two Mac Minis with Bootcamp (I think Snow Leopard flavour) and WinXP, and I have never seen these problems.

JR
now Dharma was released, but i have the same trouble with my network drive. First start of xbmc is very fast. I can go to all subdirectories very fast. When i have watched a film, the navigation through my subfolders are very very slow. Only after an reboot everything is fast again. When i used boxee or MC i have no problems after watching a film and scanning through my subdirectories.

Is someone out there with the same problem with using a network drive (smb)?

greetz and nice christmas

Michael
Sorry, I don't use XBMC but found your post with a search and had to leave a comment. I am experiencing what sounds like the exact same problem with other programs in Windows 7 and it is driving me nuts. My (Gigabit wired) network connection is fine for quite a while and then suddenly network drive access slows to a crawl. If I go into Control Panel and disable and then re-enable the Broadcom NetXTreme adapter it is fast for a while and then it suddenly slows down again.

I am almost positive there is a problem with the Broadcom drivers since I have an older Mac Mini that I have used with no problems in the same location and same setup other than the network card (NVidia in it). I did a lot of troubleshooting with Broadcom support and they were no help - claim it is propably a "network problem" even though my other Mini works fine. I have even tried a new router with no success. I am almost ready to throw this thing out in frustration...