Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dharma RC2: Power button suspend disabled when xbmc is running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running XBMC Dharma RC2 on Ubuntu 10.03. When XBMC is not running and I press the power button on the front of the box (Neuros LINK) or the power button on the remote, Ubuntu is suspended exactly as expected.

When XBMC is running, nothing happens when either the power button on the box or the power button on the remote is pressed. It seems that XBMC is grabbing the power event generated by these buttons and swallowing it. I had the same problem with RC1. How to I get XBMC to suspend itself and Ubuntu on a power event?

Of course when I press and hold the power button on the box for several seconds Ubuntu shuts down, regardless of whether XBMC is running. I want to make clear that I am not referring to this but to a momentary (~1 sec.) push of the power button.
I had this problem with RC1 and I installed the "upower" package and I think that solved the problem.

Some more info here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73236
blm14 Wrote:I had this problem with RC1 and I installed the "upower" package and I think that solved the problem.

Some more info here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73236

Thank you for trying to help. I checked my system and the upower package is already installed. I also looked at the above thread. If I understand it correctly, it is a different problem - the suspend button on the xbmc power button menu does not work - and is related to permissions.

In my case the suspend button on the panel that appears after clicking the power button in the lower left of xbmc, works fine, though it takes a surprisingly long time. So I do not think there is any permission problem.

When I have xbmc in a window (i.e. after pressing '\') even with the mouse over that window, the remote control and front panel power buttons make the box suspend. It is only when xbmc is full screen that these buttons do not work. It still looks to me like xbmc is grabbing the power event and then doing nothing.
I've the exact same problem! Pressing the physical power button on my HTPC (Zotac ZBOX ID 11) doesn't shutdown/standby my PC when XBMC is running in full screen! If XBMC is not running in fully screen it works.

Did you find a solution to this?
Start a new thread for your issue. This is a very old thread about v10 RC 2, and we are currently on v11 RC2.