Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] Assus Eee PC 1000H - no wireless?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I just got the latest Live version on a usb-stick and run it on the Eee PC 1000H, the response is fantastic for this tiny computer. However i have all my video on the network but when i try to add a new source from within XBMC-> Windows network (SMB): Error 2: Share not available

Main computer: Win7 64bit
Network: wired up to a wireless router

media pc: Eee 1000H, running XBMC Live
Network: wireless

I have not done any configuration or what so ever simply put in the usb stick and got it running, to me there seems no easy way to configure the Live for a wireless network.

I have tried to look around for some guide, but i cant find anything, maybe it just slipped through my eyes?

Frank, Norway
Thanks vikjon0, i followed the guide and it works perfectly! Until i reboot the computer, it seems that wicd-curses is only held in memory and not installed to the usb-stick im using to run everything on.

I wonder, does one really have to install the Live-version to HD for it to keep any changes, after all i got 8GB USB.

Frank
Quote:Thanks vikjon0, i followed the guide and it works perfectly! Until i reboot the computer, it seems that wicd-curses is only held in memory and not installed to the usb-stick im using to run everything on.

I wonder, does one really have to install the Live-version to HD for it to keep any changes, after all i got 8GB USB.
If you make a livecd with persistance it should be possible to add packages. If you are sure that the wicd is really not present something is wrong with the persistance,
vikjon0 Wrote:If you make a livecd with persistance it should be possible to add packages. If you are sure that the wicd is really not present something is wrong with the persistance,

Then it must be something wrong with the persistance, because any setting i do changes to is saved but gone till next reboot. For example when i added ra0 (the wireless network) to /etc/network/interfaces i stored it without any error message, as soon as i did any reboot it was gone again.

Frank