Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OS X Menubar Over XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, when I start XBMC from my Harmony Remote, often (but not always) the OS X menu bar will overlay XBMC so you'll see the bottom edge of it running across the top of the screen in XBMC and while playing videos. Does anyone have any advice to fix it? I tried futzing with overscan and it didn't seem to help - just cut off the very top of the XBMC UI. This does not happen when starting XBMC up from OS X itself (i.e., double clicking on its icon).

XBMC Dharma RC2 (though it's been happening since the last stable).
OSX 10.6.4
Toshiba 720 TV (1366×768 LCD resolution).

Any advice would be really appreciated!
yeah this happens to me, I have to use a keyboard to do Apple+F or ALT-TAB between OSX and XBMC. That gets rid of OSX showing over the top as well as the mouse pointer which sometimes shows.
Yeah, I don't want to have to do this. I usually go to settings and change XBMC to windowed and then back to fullscreen but it's kind of a pain and looks terrible. XBMC didn't use to do this. Any ideas how to keep it from happening?
I'm having this problem as well with 10.1. Anyone know if it's been corrected in the nightly builds?
I submitted a bug report on TRAC which is marked "future/pending."

Really want to see this fixed and I'm surprised it's not happening to more Mac users.
I also get update windows from programs like Growl. Very annoying. Keeps overlaying till i press the X. (with the mouse)
Force xbmc for mac to be a real fullscreen app. see advancedsettings.xml. we do this for atv1(osx).

Warning if you do this on osx, nothing and I mean nothing will be allowed to show above xbmc.
davilla Wrote:Force xbmc for mac to be a real fullscreen app. see advancedsettings.xml. we do this for atv1(osx).

Warning if you do this on osx, nothing and I mean nothing will be allowed to show above xbmc.

I'm not sure if I did the advancedsettings wrong but I don't think so and I still get the menu bar over XBMC.