Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey sergiocos,
what version of aeon is that you are using? I have dharma with both mq2 and nox and i cannot get either of those to look like that.
thanks in advance
@giftie: i did, but somehow i get less than 10 logos when almost 100 logos were found by hand, i will look into it. (cdART Manager hangs when building database, but all the artists appears after that). Still, I will also liked the opportunity to browse a large list of images ordered by date, just to see the full-list of new additions.
@kdal: a mod of Aeon65. I'm sure both skins will support these features in the near future.
sergiocos Wrote:@giftie: i did, but somehow i get less than 10 logos when almost 100 logos were found by hand, i will look into it. (cdART Manager hangs when building database, but all the artists appears after that). Still, I will also liked the opportunity to browse a large list of images ordered by date, just to see the full-list of new additions.

Hmmm.. Any chance you could try having xbmc in debug mode and and try it building your database again and post in the cdART Manager thread.. I want to squash all the bugs before I do a Pull request for the official repo.

thanks..
Sergiocos, where can I find that mod you are using for Aeon65? I have been creating a bunch of logos and cdarts for fanart.tv, but it would be nice to actually see my own work on the skin I am using and that song level view you have looks great. Thanks!
I will send you a PM later on, but my mod it's broken in so many places and lacks many new features. My limited skinning skills, sorry. Anyway, i will send you a DL link, just to see what I'm talking about.

PM Sent.
Can you please explain how to get the Music ClearLogo to work..i put the logo.png file in the same folder as the artist fanart and artist thumb which is in the artist folder:

c://Public/music/Genre/artist/albums
folder structure like this:

artist
........extrafanart
............... fanart.jpg
....... album
............... CD1
....................... track.mp3
....................... cdart.png
....................... folder.jpg
............... CD2
....................... track.mp3
....................... cdart.png
....................... folder.jpg
....... logo.png

works just fine
Duplicates on fanart.tv

Hi,
The F Word
The F Word (UK)

The title of this one in the databases like tv.com, thetvdb.com and similar are The F Word which makes nothing match with the later entry in skins, doesn't fanart.tv use id's from imdb for series or similar to make sure that the content is the same, like is done for movies? Or is this a feature lacking for tv-series in xbmc?

it seems like the first entry in fanart.tv has the same id as thetvdb.com uses, but what series the other one is, that is a mystery.

How does one report duplicate series?
fanart.tv uses the thetvdb.com id so someone created The F Word (UK) on thetvdb.com, people added images to it, then it was deleted from thetvdb.com as a duplicate, I will look into merging the entries when I get a chance
do you think there's any chance of adding a 'Movies' section to Fanart.tv? I know that TheMovieDB already does a good job, but as any quality image can be accepted it means that finding true High Resolution Fanart and Posters are considerably less then they should be. also I'd love to have a site where you can download Disc Images. for use with the Transparency skin (and hopefully others as well at some point.)
Honestly, it depends on the level of interest.

The problem is we have very few high quality, consistent contributors and unless people really wanted a Movies section and plenty of contributors were willing to jump on it, it's a hard sell.

Artists / Bands typically release several albums, they have many concerts and can be active for years, TV shows typically have several seasons, again remaining active for years, movies on the other hand are typically a one shot deal.

The amount of work that would be required to fill out a Movie section would be tremendous, I'll be honest, I would love to have a Movies section, it would nicely round out the site, but, without commitment from a lot of contributors, I can't see it happening.

Moderating the site is hard work, and moderators have historically not hung around much after their own collection was finished, the problem with this is, if you take away the contributors who consistently provide high quality images (leepenny for example), the people who submit really crappy images far exceeds those who provide acceptable ones.

This means moderators have to spend a long time going through the images, weeding out the bad ones, denying them and telling the user why they are denied (and where possible with some tips on what to do), with a section like movies where it's a one shot deal, it's very likely the amount of crappy images being submitted could explode.

So basically if a few people want to step up and moderate a movie section, and a fair few contributors (who have a history or quality submissions) were commited, I'd be more than happy to add the section.

Hope that helps Smile
Kode Wrote:Honestly, it depends on the level of interest.

The problem is we have very few high quality, consistent contributors and unless people really wanted a Movies section and plenty of contributors were willing to jump on it, it's a hard sell.

Artists / Bands typically release several albums, they have many concerts and can be active for years, TV shows typically have several seasons, again remaining active for years, movies on the other hand are typically a one shot deal.

The amount of work that would be required to fill out a Movie section would be tremendous, I'll be honest, I would love to have a Movies section, it would nicely round out the site, but, without commitment from a lot of contributors, I can't see it happening.

Moderating the site is hard work, and moderators have historically not hung around much after their own collection was finished, the problem with this is, if you take away the contributors who consistently provide high quality images (leepenny for example), the people who submit really crappy images far exceeds those who provide acceptable ones.

This means moderators have to spend a long time going through the images, weeding out the bad ones, denying them and telling the user why they are denied (and where possible with some tips on what to do), with a section like movies where it's a one shot deal, it's very likely the amount of crappy images being submitted could explode.

So basically if a few people want to step up and moderate a movie section, and a fair few contributors (who have a history or quality submissions) were commited, I'd be more than happy to add the section.

Hope that helps Smile
Yes movie discs could be done there are resources out there for discs, we have a disc template BUT it is a monstrous undertaking. I agree with Kode if there a a group of users who wish to implement this and can regularly submit images and time then I suppose its a possibility allbeit a massive job. Anyone up for the challenge??
well you can count me among the interested. I would of course be more then happy to contribute/moderate if need be.

personally though I feel that a Movie section would be if anything easier to contribute to then to a Music, or TV section. Fanart can easily be generated from a 1080P source like a Blu-Ray or HD Trailer if a High Resolution photo can not be found. More sites offer Higher Resolution Posters, Amazon or Blu-Ray.com for instance have posters for every movie in their cataloge often times the sizes exceeding 1000X1000. Digital purchasing too is also less for movies then for Music say. it makes it easier to scan and upload disc art. personally I have thousands of digitally purchased songs. but only hundreds of actual cds. where as I have Hundreds of Physical movie copies, but only 5-10 digital copies.
Is something wrong with website? From homepage, all cleararts are clipped to logo size. It wasn't like that before, no?
Yeah, it looks like it's not applying the right css file, I was looking at integrating bbpress which means setting up a child theme and it looks like its loading the child themes css before the main css.

Something wrong with the website is stretching it a bit though, it just looks a bit odd Wink