Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I add new artist? The website says "If all else fails, go to musicbrainz.com, find the artist you are looking for, and type its id into our search bar, this will add the artist to our database.".
For example, Danny Elfman is missing in the database. So, I got the MBID of Danny Elfman and put in the grey search bar at the top but the artist seems to be not added.

Also, the white search bar is gone...I can't see it. This search was very useful, I used it to query artists / Tv shows.
bandelguy Wrote:How do I add new artist? The website says "If all else fails, go to musicbrainz.com, find the artist you are looking for, and type its id into our search bar, this will add the artist to our database.".
For example, Danny Elfman is missing in the database. So, I got the MBID of Danny Elfman and put in the grey search bar at the top but the artist seems to be not added.

Also, the white search bar is gone...I can't see it. This search was very useful, I used it to query artists / Tv shows.

The grey search bar is supposed to replace the white one, now when you search it looks up the tv database, the music database and sees if there are any pages which match your query as well.

This means you don't have to be in a specific section of the site to bring back the results you expect.

However, you are right, it doesn't seem to be working as expected, I will try and fix it now.
Ok that should be better, directly putting in a musicbrainz id still isn't working at the moment but it should return the proper results now (if you search for Danny Elfman, even though he isn't in the database, he will still show up in the results)
Just added a facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/fanarttv/197958726932277 added some examples and some shots of the images in use, if anyone has some images of them in use in other skins feel free to send me them and I'll put them up (put numbers next to the different parts and send me the description as well, like I have done for the images I uploaded).

So go click the like button Tongue (you can also do it from http://fanart.tv if you are logged in there is a facebook link on the left hand side of the chatbar)
Latest newsletter for those who aren't members on the site 19th August 2011
How is everyone? Big Grin Lots of brilliant stuff happening with the site at the moment. Kode has been working his cotton socks off and there have been lots of new, really great contributors too. And it is really appreciated Smile So a massive "Thanks" goes out to you all, for helping make it the ultimate resource on the net for FanArt.
Hey I suggest we post a link or else grab the info from this forum post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84800

I know it took me forever to figure out how to name and file all the different elements to get them to show up.
@blok2004 I think every person who ever discovers XBMC for the first time, struggles with the naming conventions if we're honest. It can be frustrating, because, even if you are diligent (or even obsessive about it) not every single skin complies with them, and not every user updates their skins or uses all the available features. The images on FanartTV already have the correct names (going by generally accepted naming conventions) , so that it's only up to the user, or the API or to XBMC to assign those images to the appropriate show / artist / etc.

As things stand in XBMC, the naming conventions are still very much in flux. They have become more logical over time, but as XBMC has grown in power and scope, more confusion has been added. It's understandable, because XBMC is a community-driven effort, it's not some big corporation like Apple or Microsoft.

I've made a post in FanartTV forums to point to the link you suggested. Smile
Hi I want to request a ClearLOGO for Yanni, here are some HQ photos of his signs
HERE and HERE, thanks
harryremon Wrote:Hi I want to request a ClearLOGO for Yanni, here are some HQ photos of his signs
HERE and HERE, thanks

Here you go:

http://fanart.tv/musicfanart/?id=9a2afb1...40ce75b1a1

Smile
Hey guys been a while, how you doing? Site's looking great. Had to crank out a batch of logos for some new shows in my collection so uploaded them. A bit rusty but think I did okay, we'll see what the mods think Wink
See you guys around.
BlueNZ Wrote:Hey guys been a while, how you doing? Site's looking great. Had to crank out a batch of logos for some new shows in my collection so uploaded them. A bit rusty but think I did okay, we'll see what the mods think Wink
See you guys around.

Oh, it's really nice to see you back Smile
I have to be honest, you and Leepenny were the two people who inspired me to start contributing to the site.
Great to see you back Smile
How do I set this repository as my default on XBMC?
mpalatsi Wrote:How do I set this repository as my default on XBMC?

You would have to convince XBMC developers to add it to the main first I think Wink
Love the way one of my Terra Nova clearart just got denied for having a shit logo Rolleyes Thing is I decided to use a logo for it from clear logo section of the site Imzadi's one. One I might add that had already been passed by the eagle eyed mods :rolleyes2: Won't make that mistake again...