Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Horizontal flickering line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i have build my own htpc on Asus AT3IONT-I with ubuntu and xbmc.
When i was working on my 24'' lcd monitor, everythink was ok, however, when i connected it to my philips lcd tv, horizontal flickering line appears from time to time. It's a little disturbing for me.
I have done some research on google and set the VSync and everything in nvidia driver setting and also in XBMC. However it did not help.
So i have done a little more digging, i have found out, that when i put xbmc in full screen mode, it uses resolution 1280x768. However, my tv is only 1280x720. So i set the right resolution, it seemed to work ok(definetely it was better). But when i went to non full screen mode and then back to full screen, the bad resolution was there again.

Could you possibly help me how to set xbmc to use 1280x720 on full screen as default?
Secondly, have you any idea what else should i do, if the horizontal flickering line appears also on correct resolution.
Try turning off desktop effects.
ok, and that would be solution to the flickering or to the resolution problems?

btw. just to be sure, i can find that in some settings of xbmc, cant I?
The problem is using the xorg composite extension on nvidia with an opengl application causes tearing, you can turn off desktop effects in the gnome menu or disable the composite extension in xorg.conf.
ok, ill see what i can do when i come home
could you possibly tell me, how to turn off the desktop effects for ubuntu 10.10, i was not able to find that even with help of google, in system->preferences i have no option "deskop effect", how it should be
In gnome, it's System->Preferences->Appearance, then in the Visual effects tab, choose none.