Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlists not updating automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'd love the Recently Added Episodes' "hide watched" feature to only hide what's in THAT list, not every show I've watched in my entire library. But because it can't do that I have set up a series of playlists to give me something similar.

I have a playlist for every show that I want to appear in this list, and they're set up like this:

Type: Episode
TV Show contains: show name
Watched Count: 0

Then I have a "New Episodes" playlist set up to contain all the playlists I've already created for each show. The type is also set to Episode. I have favourited this and created a link to it on my Home screen.

It works (shows a list of episodes I haven't watched yet), but it doesn't update once a show has been watched. Backing out and going back in to the playlist from the home screen also doesn't update it - the only way I can get it to update is by rebooting or manually browsing to Videos > Playlists > New Episodes. Then it updates.

Can anyone shed any light on this odd behaviour?

Many thanks.
Weird - it's most likely due to the list being cached. If you re-enter the playlist it should update (i.e. parent dir, then go back in). Note that this is different than going to Home and back again. Please give that a go.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Yeah it does update if I do that but I want to enter it from the Home screen Smile
bumpitty bump bump bump
Can no-one help me? Sad

like JMarshall said it does sound like a caching issue. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
jmarshall is the Lord of the Playlists. Show patience.
Awesome okay, I will await his response Smile
I've tracked the problem to the New Episodes playlist. With a single rule setup in it for one show it lists everything I haven't watched. With 2 rules in it for 2 shows it lists nothing.

So maybe it's the Playlist rule that's not working?