Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can we make themes / views for a specific plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do we make an interface for a plugin that is used whenever a certain skin is used?

I want to create a view for browsing Netflix but only accessible when browsing netflix.
<visible>substring(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite)</visible>

I use this to keep my AMT Lite views limited, just change the path
This is what I used for the Hulu plugin:
PHP Code:
<visible>substring(container.folderpath,plugin://plugin.video.hulu)</visible> 

Should work for Netflix too
Thanks guys, never thought of it that way!

Is it possible to do a different interface for a plugin itself? Such as changing the colors of forum browser or some other plugin.
Scripts have custom .xml's that we can code like RCB, Lyrics, Big Picture, etc...And plugins use whatever windows that are specified - like AMT lite uses whatever Movie views are available and Launcher uses whatever views allowed in Programs.

To get specifics labels/images for plugins you gotta use the substring trick me and Arc posted...Like I have a some specific AMT labels and I use that substring trick to show them correctly.
Is it possible to have only one view for all plugins in a section. As in a single view for music plugins, video plugins and so on.

Edit: I am currently using
<visible>Window.IsVisible(Plugins)</visible>
but there are some situations where it is not working.
bridgman Wrote:Is it possible to have only one view for all plugins in a section. As in a single view for music plugins, video plugins and so on.

Edit: I am currently using
<visible>Window.IsVisible(Plugins)</visible>
but there are some situations where it is not working.

like this?

Code:
</visible>substring(Container.FolderPath,plugin://video/)</visible>
Code:
</visible>substring(Container.FolderPath,plugin://music/)</visible>
That is how I am doing it at the moment. Only one plugin is giving me trouble when I pull up a certain list for local radio stations.
My main thing is I only want that view for plugins only.