Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple TV with a Dell WX637. Is it a BCM70012?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've found a link for a reasonably priced "PCIexpress Video Graphic Card Dell Part # WX637 blueray." Remanufactured for $28 Shipped Free Continental USA.

Can anyone confirm if this is the same as a BCM70012 card?

I'd like to use it with my Apple TV, and the price seems quiet reasonable.
If I look at a picture of this device (http://cgi.ebay.com/DELL-LAPTOP-BLUERAY-...0725361712) I can read BCM-970012A1206G.

Should be a BCM70012 card.
You are quite right. I hadn't noticed that earlier.

Thank you.
For anyone interested here is the original Ebay listing. Item number 220706251274

I made an offer for $20 including free shipping and it was excepted. Not bad for a BCM70012 card.

NOTE: THE ITEM IS REFURBISHED. NOT NEW.
great find - i just bought a habey card from mwave @ $45 or I'd be jumping on it.
put in an offer for 2x @20/per
he accepted my offer Smile .. 2pcs purchased Smile ~~ sweet deal , can't wait to have some tricked out apple tv's Smile

Picked up 4 in all , hope they work Smile
*bumping* ... just noticed auction is still active on ebay .. for those who are interested.
Did yours work?
I haven't tried them yet, I will this weekend but it is written on the card BCM-970012A 1206G (I assume 1206G is batch number). These would have been pulled from non-working nettops and the like which had blu-ray capabilities early on (before the made them built-in on chip-sets). I work in computers, the number of times I've seen 'addin' cards die is negligible so I'm not worried about it.
These are available again here. I got mine for $15.
Anybody had a chance to try one of these cards yet in a ATV? How did it work?
Just wanted to confirm that this works correctly with no issues

Just installed and it is decoding 1080p mkv files from my server with no issues ( other than network bandwidth) currently at work on my 10/100 network running resident evil afterlife and has no issues other than a slight studder from network

purchased mine for $20 off ebay
Mine arrived yesterday and works perfect.
Thanks, everyone for the info! Waiting for the mailman to bring mine.

BTW, got mine from gudderballs ebay link above for $18 bucks.