Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Manually Add Entire Folder To Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my dilemma. I love Howard Stern on Demand - unfortunately, there is no real episode guide for the shows so, while I have them named in a convention that XBMC likes - it won't pick any of them up with a scraper. I could go through and rename them all, but I've found that tvdb has them incorrectly marked and is missing most of the ones I have.

Is it possible to add the entire folder to the library manually? Or do I really have to do each file one at a time?

I already have the Parent folder (Howard Stern on Demand) added...it was picked up....but in library mode, it obviously shows no files.
No one has an answer? Or...is anyone willing to write a script quick that will auto add them to the library for me? I cannot program python... or even point me in the right direction...
Create your own nfo file for each of your Stern episodes. Using your own nfo, XBMC will not go out and look for the info in cyberspace, but will add them to the library. Do a search on how to make an nfo file if you need to or you can use another nfo file as a template.
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Create your own nfo file for each of your Stern episodes. Using your own nfo, XBMC will not go out and look for the info in cyberspace, but will add them to the library. Do a search on how to make an nfo file if you need to or you can use another nfo file as a template.
Mark

Ha, I didn't even think of doing that. and then I can create a script to manually create them all based on the proper format and just add to them something silly...at least so it shows up. Thank you! I think I will be developing an addon for this......however...ugh...I don't python - so if anyone can convert my c code into python Wink
Were you able to create an add-on? I've been looking for Howard on demand and I can't find a library where I can indulge.
Thanks..