Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple collection of music albums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm missing some way of organizing my music into ~10 "collections" each with 10-20 albums (like on a normal CD rack).

I can use playlists, but xbmc will show the songs in a long list - now the albums when I select the playlist.

Is there any way to get this functionality? I can organize the music and use file mode - but it would be nice to use the library mode if it is possible.

I'm using mediamonkey on my PC and there I can use playlists and a view called "Show Album Art" - but I can't find a workaround for xbmc...

I'll appreciate any ideas, since I prefer to quickly select a subsection of my albums before selecting a specific album (and it is faster for me than scanning through all the albums each time) - it takes about 1 month to learn where I put the single CDs...

So I would like something like "easy listening", "the old daddys music", "moms albums", "The kids hits" etc....
I don't have a solution for you but I have the same 'problem' as you. I submitted the use of box-sets for music albums as a feature request as a possible solution in the future.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10529