Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I add new skins to my apple tv 1st g
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I have looked in settings and looks to me like there is only to skins to choose from ? I would really like the skin night to run on apple tv 1st g I hacked with free USB creator.

Thanks in advance hope someone can help
Assuming you have Dharma RC2,

Settings->Appearence->Skin. Click on Skin name brings up a dialog. At bottom of dialog click "Get More". There are about 7 skins in the Addon Browser at the moment, Night is one of them...
Hi sorry I'm a real noob to this , I think the hack side was the easiest bit it's the settings playing me up ha ha ha, um dharma I haven't got a clue? Basically I'm running the standard skin when you start this up fresh, I'm on a 1st gen apple tv, which I have an ex hd hooked up and working, now I just want to change skin I looked at what you said and got lost basically doesn't match what I'm seeing, I will check again though, all I can choose is 2 by the looks of it the one with the car windscreens on the LCD and the one with the shark that's it, I want the night one as looks well plush...

Thanks for helping and being patient

Cheers
From Confluence on Home hover over "Settings" click right for submenus. Click on "System Info"

What does is say in bottom right in BLUE above the progress bars...
Ah I'm only using apple tv and using apple remote that's why I can't getting settings on the home screen it's just got scripts, weather, pictures, videos, movies, music, programs, system
Fiction6 Wrote:Ah I'm only using apple tv and using apple remote that's why I can't getting settings on the home screen it's just got scripts, weather, pictures, videos, movies, music, programs, system

Hover over "System"
Sorry I'm being lame I got there it says xbmc 9.11 r26018(compiled and the date

Thanks for being patient
Fiction6 Wrote:Sorry I'm being lame I got there it says xbmc 9.11 r26018(compiled and the date

Thanks for being patient

That was my guess, the new Dharma builds are way more user friendly for getting skins, scripts, plugins, etc..Just like any app store like Apple/Firefox/etc, find what you want and click download..

I dont own a ATV or Mac so best to ask in the MAC section on how to update your build...
Ah thanks very much for that info, yeah was gonna say I'm not to bad at this sort of thing normally , this is really confusing

Thanks again