Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resolution resetting 1080 after resume sleep? Revo 1600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i do run my XBMC in 1080p the sound makes horrible screeching noise on pause and stop (only in 1080p) i have looked for weeks trying to find a solution to that problem and it doesn't seem likely. But i have very little 1080p content so im cool with 720.

so i just bump my res down to 720 and everything works great, the problem is every time i put the revo to sleep and resume the resolution is back up to 1080p? shutdown and restart is fine, the resolution stays @ 720, but sleep mode seems to bump it back to 1080p?

i used the HOW-TO achieve perfect playback at 23.97 or 59.94 Hz with NVIDIA GPU hardware sticky to get all my settings correct, and the video is perfect, but how can i keep it at 720?

thanks,
-aPeg
Hi,

Try adding

Code:
Modes    "1280x720"

to the screen section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. It should look something like this
Code:
Section "Screen"
    Option      "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
    Option      "HWCursor" "Off"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    Option         "DynamicTwinView" "False"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
        [b]Modes      "1280x720"[/b]
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Save then

Code:
killall xinit
or reboot

cheers
nope... didnt have any effect, i just cant figure out why sleep mode would be resuming with a new res... the fact that 720 stays for a reboot makes this even stranger
Adding the line to xorg.conf should disable 1920x1080 completely. XBMC should only go up to 720p in the resolution settings. Are you sure you edited the file correctly? Make sure you use a capital "M" in "Modes". This solved the same problem for me, also on a revo... Not sure why it wouldn't work here.

cheers
ohhh i added 720 to the existing list in the conf file, ill remove the 1080 options and give it a go tonight, thanks harry

-aPeg
worked perfect... thanks Harry

such a simple solution, cant reset to 1080p if the option isnt there lol

hopefully the 1080p screeching (sparks) problem is fixed by the time i build up my 1080p collection

cheers,
-aPeg
i have the same problem on my revo r3700. i have enabled various resolutions in my xorg config up to 1080p, but i typically run xbmc at 720p. suspending and resuming resets the resolution to 1080p. i don't want to limit the resolutions available, i just want xbmc to resume to the same resolution it was set to when it was suspended.
I am having the same issue. But since my graphics card is an ATi, I can't just edit Xorg.conf because it is simply ignored. Is there a different way to make sure that XBMC resumes in the resolution that it was in when I put it into standby?

Edit: Wait, cancel that - it seems that Xorg.conf is not ignored completely after all. Adding the "Modes" line did not remove the invalid resolutions, but it did move the resolutions I provided to the top of the Xrandr list. I assume that the preferred Xrandr resolution is selected upon resume from standby; adding the Modes line to Xorg.conf made sure that the Xrandr picked resolution corresponds to the one that I supplied there.