Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Subtitles off by default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I remember in older versions there was an option to have subtitles off by default and to turn them on you simply go into the in video audio menu.

im running RC2 and subtitles are on by default for all my videos unless i go into each and turn them off.

any ideas how to get subtitles off by default?

Thanks,
-aPeg
Haven't played with RC2 yet, but in using the OSD and going to the Audio menu, there should be a radio button along the lines of "Make Default for All Movies" or something similar.
pumkinut Wrote:Haven't played with RC2 yet, but in using the OSD and going to the Audio menu, there should be a radio button along the lines of "Make Default for All Movies" or something similar.

that's what i thought, but i have been through every menu 10x over and i cant find it?
apeg Wrote:that's what i thought, but i have been through every menu 10x over and i cant find it?

that option is not in system menu.u need to play any movie and than pres M go to the sound settings and u will find option subtitles. unmark that and pick the option set for all movies.
rikardo1979 Wrote:that option is not in system menu.u need to play any movie and than pres M go to the sound settings and u will find option subtitles. unmark that and pick the option set for all movies.

ohh i know how to turn it off for each video, what i want to do is have the default subtitle setting to off, so every video i play has no subtitles. In the few cases where i do want subtitles on i then do exactly what you said but turn them on.

id say for less than 1% of the videos i watch i want subtitles on. makes sens for me to have them off by default.

although the option for "default off" seems to be gone in RC2, i would imagine there is a conf file somewhere that i can still set it, no? ideas?

Thanks guys,
-aPeg
That's the same way it worked in Camelot. There was not a system setting - it was always at the video OSD level. Once it is set, it will be the default for all videos.
stoli Wrote:That's the same way it worked in Camelot. There was not a system setting - it was always at the video OSD level. Once it is set, it will be the default for all videos.

its been a while since Camelot but i remember a setting to turn subtitles off by default?

but even then it does not save my preference @ the OSD level, every video i play i have to go in a set subtitles off, once i do that it remembers for that video only, not new ones... any ideas? this has gotta be a setting in some file?

Thanks,
aPeg
As stated - it's in the OSD while playing movie:

"M" while playing a movie - bring up audio and subtitle settings - turn off subtitles and save as default.
ahhh im a moron... wasn't even looking for the default option in that menu, i figured you meant it saves as you un-check it

thanks Stoli
try this:

guisettings.xml

<defaultvideosettings>
<showsubtitles>false</showsubtitles>
</defaultvideosettings>
Piquard Wrote:try this:

guisettings.xml

<defaultvideosettings>
<showsubtitles>false</showsubtitles>
</defaultvideosettings>

my guisettings.xml file has this set, but subtitles still pop up by default. i tried the "set as default for all files" option several times, they still show up and require turning off each time.
Did you ever get this fixed? Im having the same issue on 12
Check your language settings.
Ya i checked it there is no option or "none" setting it just lists all the different languages...
There should be something like "Original stream's language", I think that means it is off. I for sure don't have subtitles enabled by default, I'm not at home though so I can't check my configuration.
Pages: 1 2