Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Basic question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried to start the coding of my skin I've copied Skin.Confluence renamed it skin.curtain :

I first tried to drop it there
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.curtain
Then
username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\skin.curtain

edited addon.xml to reflect my skin name

When I start XBMC it only sees Confluence. Is there something I am doing wrong? I check in the skinning Wiki first to no avail.

Where should my folder be? Thanks!
You have to put it into
Code:
C:\Users\%yourusername%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.curtain

You should see a lot of addon folders in the "addons" folder and also "skin.confluence".
Montellese Wrote:You have to put it into
Code:
C:\Users\%yourusername%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.curtain

You should see a lot of addon folders in the "addons" folder and also "skin.confluence".

Does not work all I have in that folder is an empty folder called packages
You have it in the right place at X:\xbmc\addons\skin.curtain

What you need to do is edit the addon.XML file in the root of the skin to reflect the name of the skin, etc. This is the file the addon manager looks at when loading the skins, and if your info is duplicated from confluence, it will read it as a duplicate skin.

Hope that helps!
blacklist Wrote:You have it in the right place at X:\xbmc\addons\skin\curtain

What you need to do is edit the addon.XML file in the root of the skin to reflect the name of the skin, etc. This is the file the addon manager looks at when loading the skins, and if your info is duplicated from confluence, it will read it as a duplicate skin.

Hope that helps!

Still not working I've edited addon.xml (replaced all instance of confluence by name of my skin) and still only one Confluence. I even edited icon.png to reflect the look of my skin and it doesn't show as a choice. Sad

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="skin.curtain"
  version="1.1.0"
  name="Curtain"
  provider-name="Fraincs">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
    <import addon="script.recentlyadded" version="1.0.4"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.gui.skin"
    defaultresolution="720p"
    defaultresolutionwide="720p"
    defaultthemename="textures.xbt"
    effectslowdown="0.75"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
... end of the code

my file is exactly there : C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.curtain
still all I see is one choice the basic skin
Just to be sure: Which version of XBMC are you using?

If you still use a pre-Dharma build it won't work this way.

Where did you copy confluence from? It should be in the same directory.
If you have the addon.xml right and it is in the addons folder obviously it should show up.
To be positive it is installed correctly compress it into a zip file go to add ons and and choose install from zip file. First check to see if it didn't accidentally get dropped into one of the other addons script folder. It should be right after the skin.confluence folder. I'm sure you did this already. If your up to date and using Dharma there shouldn't be a skin folder. Skins are in the addons.
Fresh install of XBMC 10.0
Copied skin.confluence renamed it skin.curtain modified addon.xml and icon.png
Tried it on my htpc (altough I won't work from it) just to test and it worked. There must be a mistake on my side(acces rights or something like that).

Will keep you updated
Solved : I probably corrupted addon.xml when I did sme find and replace.