Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since I upgraded to Dharma on my Apple TV I have had this problem. I turn off libabry mode, but every time I go back to the main menu and then reclick on an option Libabry mode is Reenabled. It is very annoying. Any ideas?
Graner316 Wrote:Ever since I upgraded to Dharma on my Apple TV I have had this problem. I turn off libabry mode, but every time I go back to the main menu and then reclick on an option Libabry mode is Reenabled. It is very annoying. Any ideas?

Do you even understand yourself what you're asking?
Would "the option" be Movies or TV shows by any chance?
from the main Menu.
What kind of answer is that?
I am just as lazy as you are and don't like to pry information from you.
If you have enabled Movies and/or TV shows from Home, the links will always take you to library mode. (files mode has no notion of Movies and TV shows).
If you want to go to files mode use the "Videos" link instead.
sho Wrote:If you want to go to files mode use the "Videos" link instead.

FTFY.

Thanks
I have a similar issue. I go into the Videos link and turn off Library mode. Every is as I want in files mode. Then I go into Movies and everything is in Library mode, just as I want. Then I go back into Videos and it has toggled Library mode back on. Any way to keep the Videos screen in file mode and the Movies screen in library mode? I also like keeping the Movies screen in Media Info 2 view and Videos in List view - XBMC won't let me do that. I change it in one and it changes the other.

Running Dharma final on Ubuntu Meerkat and using the Confluence skin.
pediwent Wrote:I have a similar issue. I go into the Videos link and turn off Library mode. Every is as I want in files mode. Then I go into Movies and everything is in Library mode, just as I want. Then I go back into Videos and it has toggled Library mode back on. Any way to keep the Videos screen in file mode and the Movies screen in library mode? I also like keeping the Movies screen in Media Info 2 view and Videos in List view - XBMC won't let me do that. I change it in one and it changes the other.

Running Dharma final on Ubuntu Meerkat and using the Confluence skin.

Weird. I just tested this and it doesn't happen to me. You should post a debug log.
Same problem here:
I did a new installation of Dharma Live and created a movie database.
Then i go to start menu > movies and have library view. So far, everything is ok.

But now, when i go back to videos, i also get library view every time and have to disable database mode or select files view.

Going to movies and back to videos and i have database view again... Sad

http://pastebin.com/5E2wNv2A

Also noticed this with my previous installation of Dharma Beta4. 9.11 was ok.
I had a similar thing but it turned out that when Video was in file mode and I then entered Movies and back it was still OK. However, when you enter movies and then go a bit "too much up" in the tree, i.e. above the genre or title so you can also see TV series and Movie add-ons that also turned on the Library mode in Video menu as you then technically are in the "Video section" and stepped above the entry point of "Movie section". That way it seems to recall that last view was library view so once you get back to Main menu and head into Video it has Library enabled.

That is to seem to be the case for me. not sure if it is valid for you but might be worth checking...

I hope the explanation made sense... looks hard to follow but...