Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Extrathumbs now hard coded????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone....here's a weird one.

I noticed that some of my extrathumbs were not showing up (I am using the Aeon65 skin for Dharma which has a view mode that shows up to four thumbs at once). Like many others using XBMC, I usually extract about 50 thumbs from each movie before adding it to my collection. Some of those thumbs are just not worth keeping so I delete a few and only keep the good ones.

So the problem now is....if XBMC cannot find a file called "thumb1" (as in I deleted it cause it was a bad thumb), then it will not display anything in that thumb's slot. If I for example rename "thumb24" to "thumb1" then XMBC picks it up and properly displays it.

So my only guess is that now it's hard-coded to only find/display those thumbs with specific file names "thumb1", "thumb2", "thumb3", and "thumb4". While all others are ignored.

Has anyone else seen this, and is there a workaround? Also, I wonder if this is skin specific, or a general feature of the new XBMCHuh

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Without checking the code directly, I'm going to guess it is looking in sequence, 1,2,3 etc.
Thanks Stoli....agreed! Just wondering though if it's within XBMC or the skin? I'm just not good enough at looking through the code to determine it. I've conducted a few tests and I can indeed fix the problem if I manually rename the thumbs in the proper order. But that would be a grueling process if I had to go back and do it for my thousands of movies! Sad
Skin.