Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Codecs "DivX v3 ;-) MPEG-4 (low-motion)" "AC3 DVM"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

can anyone tell me if there is a know conflict with these two codecs being used together.

video: div3;"divx v3 ;-) mpeg-4 (low-motion)"
audio: "ac3 dvm"

i have the latest xbmc and am trying to play an avi with these codecs but the file plays but is very jagged/jumpy.

i have various other avi files that either use the video codec but another audio like "mpeg layer-3" and others that use xvid video codec and the "ac3 dvm" audio codec and they all work fine.

it just seems to be the combination of these two together that causes the skipping. i have had others that have been like this before but i have just deleted them and never actually looked into the codec being used.

any ideas would be appreciated. will put the debug on and see if i can get any info in the logs.
forgot to say that i am using normal analogue output. as default setup in ms dash and analogue output in xbmc.
bump
bump again...sorry.

i presume that someone would have come across this problem before using avi's encoded with the two codes listed.