Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Launcher and Advance Launcher in Win 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to set up either of these 2 launchers to launch application such as Hulu Desktop and Firefox from inside XBMC. I've created shortcuts to the EXEs and place them in Home Folder. However, neither of these 2 launchers can see the shortcuts when I navigate during the setup (only folders are shown on the list).

Thanks for any help or thought about what can be done.
Maybe System->Appearance->File Lists - Check show hidden files and directories
mcborzu Wrote:Maybe System->Appearance->File Lists - Check show hidden files and directories

Thanks for your response. But the shortcut were still not shown after I've checked that option! it's quite strange, I can see the shortcuts and set them up fine, and launch them on Windows XP. On my Win 7 PC, I can also select the Firefox EXE inside Program Files and launch it. So it must have something to do with shortcuts on Win 7. I must have missed something trivial and can't quite figure out.
Launcher and Advanced Launcher add-ons do not support .lnk files. I have planned to add this support for the Advanced Launcher add-on in the next versions.
Angelscry Wrote:Launcher and Advanced Launcher add-ons do not support .lnk files. I have planned to add this support for the Advanced Launcher add-on in the next versions.

Thanks Angecry! I must have launched the real copies of these on Windows XP, then.
Hey Angelscry I'm having a hard time understanding the Wiki explaining how to setup to launch from shortcuts... what file am I editing and where am I adding this code?
fecklesslout Wrote:Hey Angelscry I'm having a hard time understanding the Wiki explaining how to setup to launch from shortcuts... what file am I editing and where am I adding this code?
First, you just have to create shortcuts (.lnk) of the applications you want to start with Advanced Launcher. Then you have to put all these shorcuts file (.lnk) into a same folder.

Then, you will have to create a launcher (files launcher type) into Advanced Launcher. Here is the part of the user guide concerning the launcher creation : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4#p4

And, during this launcher creation Advanced Launcher will ask you to :
  • select the application : select any application
  • select the path of the folder : select the folder where are stored the .lnk file
  • enter the arguments : enter "%rom%"
  • enter the extention file : enter lnk
That's will be all...
Thanks man, I got it to work. Much appreciated.