Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Laptop Video out question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I put the Live version of XBMC on my laptop to try it out. I have hooked my laptop up to my LCD TV via a DIV-X output. I can see everything (including bios and XBMC install screens) up to when the XBMC menu pops up (I can see the XBMC loading screen). Then nothing. I can see it on the laptop screen, but no go on the TV.

How do I enable a 2nd "monitor" in XBMC? Laptop specs below:

2GB - 2 x 1024 MB 667MHz DDR2
80GB 7200rpm SATA-150
8X DVD±R/RW Double Layer Burner
Integrated 10/100/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 ModemNONE
Intel Mobile Core2Duo T7200 2.0GHz 4MB CacheCPD-INTELT7200
Internal High-Definition Audio with surround sound
Internal Pro/Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g Card WNL-CLE80211ABG$ 0.00
nVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX 512MB
Sting 517D - Core2Duo Gaming Laptop

Also, will have any restrictions with streaming with this system? Thanks all!
You probably want to install a full Ubuntu desktop instead of live and use the screen setting tools to put the output only on the TV.

I am sure it can be done in Live as well but it may include some more studies.
You will have to create/edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

Perhaps it can also be done by exiting xbmc, login, startx
This will take you into fluxbox "desktop" and here you can start the nvidia-settings.
I was able to get into the fluxbox desktop. How do I get to the nvidia settings from there?
If you right-click on the background you will get a menu...look through it and you should be able to find whatever is installed on the system.

I don't know anymore than this since I haven't tried it myself outside the gnome desktop but what you want is to generare a new xorg.conf file with the necessary settings. You should be able to find better instructions in the forum, it has been discussed before.