Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WinMCE Remote and sleep/resume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
System info: XBMC 10.0 installed to HD from live disc
Remote: AVS Gear HA-IR01SV Infrared Certified MCE VISTA Remote Control (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6880121001)
Mobo: Biostar G41D3G LGA 775 chipset
Video: PCIe Nvidia 7300LE

Out of the box remote works perfect, and power button puts the computer to sleeep. It does not wake it up, however. Wake from USB is enabled in the BIOS.

In /proc/acpi/wakeup I have:

Device S-state Status Sysfs node
P0P2 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:01.0
P0P3 S4 disabled
P0P1 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1e.0
UAR1 S1 disabled pnp:00:06
USB0 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1d.0
USB1 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1d.1
USB2 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1d.2
USB3 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1d.3
EUSB S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1d.7
MC97 S4 disabled
P0P4 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1c.0
P0P5 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1c.1
P0P6 S4 disabled
P0P7 S4 disabled
P0P8 S4 disabled
P0P9 S4 disabled
PWRB S1 *enabled

If enable USB0 or USB2 (via echo to the /proc/acpi/wakeup file) then use the power button on the remote, the PC immediately wakes up after suspending (without any input from the remote or KB/Mouse). Enabling any other device the computer will go to sleep and require the power button to wake back up.

I've scoured google and spent hours banging around, going so far as to modify the "power" files in /sys/devices, but the result there seems to be the same as when I just modify /proc/acpi/wakeup.

Another interesting note, is whent he system is asleep the IR receiver does not light up when I hit any buttons (maybe it's not getting power?). Although I ready a post somewhere where someone else says there's doesn't light up either whne asleep, but remote still wakes up their system.

Anyone have any ideas?
I have the same problem since Dharma.

The problem seems to be you have to have an S3 state for the USB port, but somehow since Dharma this state is gone at my HTPC.
This is the recommendation from my motherboard manual:
- Set these jumpers to +5V to wake up the computer from S1 sleep mode (CPU stopped, DRAM refreshed, system running in low power mode) using the connected USB devices. Set to +5VSB to wake up from S3 and S4 sleep modes (no power to CPU, DRAM in slow refresh, power supply in reduced power mode).
- The USB device wake-up feature requires a power supply that can provide 500mA on the +5VSB lead for each USB port; otherwise, the system would not power up.
- The total current consumed must NOT exceed the power supply capability (+5VSB) whether under normal condition or in sleep mode.

Perhaps these considerations (jumper in motherboard, psu capable) can help you to understand what's your problem.
Hmmm very weird. Added these 2 lines to rc.local:

echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

And now it works. However I still see S4 enabled in /proc/acpi/wakeup instead of S3.
joethefox Wrote:This is the recommendation from my motherboard manual:
- Set these jumpers to +5V to wake up the computer from S1 sleep mode (CPU stopped, DRAM refreshed, system running in low power mode) using the connected USB devices. Set to +5VSB to wake up from S3 and S4 sleep modes (no power to CPU, DRAM in slow refresh, power supply in reduced power mode).
- The USB device wake-up feature requires a power supply that can provide 500mA on the +5VSB lead for each USB port; otherwise, the system would not power up.
- The total current consumed must NOT exceed the power supply capability (+5VSB) whether under normal condition or in sleep mode.

Perhaps these considerations (jumper in motherboard, psu capable) can help you to understand what's your problem.

Motherboard manual does not go into detail, but there is a +5V USB/+5V USB Standby jumper. I have tried closing it into the "standby" position, and now the remote IR receiver does light up when buttons on the remote are pressed. However, this has caused the remote to not work whent he computer is powered up. So the IR remote lights up when asleep, but is dead when computer is awake, rendering the remote completely useless.

I can now wake the computer up from the USB keyboard, and it resolved the problem of the computer automatically waking up from sleep.
I know this might not be xbmc related at this point, but anyone have any thoughts on why jumping the +5V STB would render the IR remote dead, but all other USB devices still ok (mouse, kb, gamepad all still work).