Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hide Extensions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am having trouble getting xbmc to hide .dvdmedia extensions. I think it may be because the file is actually a app type folder holding the VIDEO_TS folder and files.

Is this something that the dev team is even aware of as an issue or is there a workaround I am unaware of?

I am on Mac OS 10.6.5 running xbmc 10.0

Thanks

-C
Does enabling "clean name" not work?
Nope, "Clean file and folder names" is enabled...
if memory serves under skin settings there is a check box to show/hide media extentions.
The "Show file Extensions" is not selected/enabled.

Also, it is only with files such as the .dvdmedia type, the app extensioned folder type. Other files such as .m4p and music files (eg. .mp3) have their extensions hidden properly.
file mode or library mode ?

stacked or not stacked ?
I am in File mode because the Library mode is grayed-out/unselectable. And it shows the same in both stacked and unstacked.
if you want to use library mode, you are going to need to set the content for your media folders, (music,music video, video) then after a few more prompts your media will scan into the library. At that point you can refer to my previous post in the thread to hide the media extensions. Hope this helps if you need anything else let me know.