Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Mixer doesn't save Volume Levels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning!

The new Audio Mixer add-on with Dharma doesn't save the audio levels after reboot's. My HTPC powers off after 2hrs of non use, and every time i turn it back on i have to change my audio from 87 to 100. It will never stay unless i am just restarting the XBMC app.

I did delete the .asoundrc file to see if that helps but it didnt.

Any advice?

Cheers!
try with, after adjusting your preferred volume, from a terminal:
Code:
$ sudo alsactl store <card number>
you can see card numbers with
Code:
$ aplay -l
joethefox Wrote:try with, after adjusting your preferred volume, from a terminal:
Code:
$ sudo alsactl store <card number>
you can see card numbers with
Code:
$ aplay -l

I tried that and still no luck. They are reset after a reboot. I got no error/confirmation after running sudo alsactl store 0
wyild1 Wrote:I tried that and still no luck. They are reset after a reboot. I got no error/confirmation after running sudo alsactl store 0
you won't get any confirmation.

To restore settings on startup add this to /etc/rc.local
Code:
if [ -x /sbin/alsactl ]; then
  /sbin/alsactl restore
fi
fuggin Wrote:you won't get any confirmation.

To restore settings on startup add this to /etc/rc.local
Code:
if [ -x /sbin/alsactl ]; then
  /sbin/alsactl restore
fi

This didnt help either. I turned on my HTPC, used alsamixer to set my settings, ran sudo alsactl store 0 to save the settings, put that code into my /etc/rc.local and rebooted the pc and the settings went back to 87% instead of 100%

As a sidenote if i run /sbin/alsactl restore from the command line it works so i changed what i put in the rc.local script and it works!

Code:
su -c "/sbin/alsactl restore" xbmc

Thanks for your help! Hope this can help others!

Cheers!
wyild1 Wrote:This didnt help either. I turned on my HTPC, used alsamixer to set my settings, ran sudo alsactl store 0 to save the settings, put that code into my /etc/rc.local and rebooted the pc and the settings went back to 87% instead of 100%

As a sidenote if i run /sbin/alsactl restore from the command line it works so i changed what i put in the rc.local script and it works!

Code:
su -c "/sbin/alsactl restore" xbmc

Thanks for your help! Hope this can help others!

Cheers!

Did you install your XBMC Live via USB Flash or Burned CD? I had the same issue on my Revo 3610 when installed off a flash drive. Installed off of CD and that fixed the issue. It appeared that certain cheap flash drive install everything in a "read only" state. Thats why when you change your settings it reverts back on reboot.