Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] 1080p framedrops and low framerate with D945GSEJT and BCM70015?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

i've just installed the 'final' 10.0 on my Intel D945GSEJT with a Broadcom BCM70015 card plugged in.
I've tried to play some 1080p trailers (on my Philips FullHD TV) but the framerate is around 12 fps and there are a lot of framedrops.
The crystalhd drivers are activated, and it seems they're working, because the CPU usage is just between 20 and 30%.

Here are the logs:

dmesg:
http://pastebin.com/5f4z1Ure

xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.com/wU7TgMSK

mediainfo:
http://pastebin.com/ESCHWAbe

Is there a way to get the HD content play correct?

Thanks alot.
MrFX
Check the fps on paused video, if it's the same the gpu is not fast enough.
Hi!

Yes, of course, the integrated intel graphics is too slow for HD content, therefore is the BCM70015 plugged in.

Best regards,
MrFX
It still has to render the frames using the YUY2 shader, which might explain why you only get 12 fps.
Hi,

I have run into the same problem - both with xbmc live and xbmcfreak.
I did compile the crystalhd driver myself on the latter, but the problem seems to be unrelated to crystalhd.

When I select software rendering on the other hand I get 24fps at about 80%cpu playing a 1080p mkv but the movie is green and purple. If I select basic or advanced shaders the colors are ok, but the fps drops to ~10fps.

Does anyone have a working setup with D945GSEJT or a solution for the purple/green video?

I'm greatful for your suggestions.

roger
how did you install ?

if by ppa, then you want to make sure to compile/install both lib and driver after installing from ppa
You could try trunk/master, it has working software rendering for YUY2.
I have the same problem.

I have D945GSEJT and BCM70015.
Have about 9 fps when using Render Method=GLSL or ARB. Pausing the video still has 9 fps.
Have about 21 fps when using Render Method=Software, but then everything is green and purple. Framerate goes to around 24 fps if I pause the video.
I have tried git from last friday on gentoo: software rendering had the colors correct but I must have something misconfigured since the performance in general was worse than on the frankenstein debian with the selfcompiled crystalhd module and libs.

I've given up for now and bought an ION board (zotac f) but will try again with the intel board once nightly builds are back.

Was ist ever possible to play back 1080p with this intel board and the BCM70015 crystalhd chip? I wouldn't mind using an older system and xbmc version if playback works.
Edit ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml and set the option usepbo to false, check if that helps.
I build xbmc using the git head
commit 5e6d3fd85d5741331e2761c3d230608d2c4afbe5
Date: Sun Jan 9 16:37:17 2011 +0100

Render Method=Software now shows a correct picture, the green and purple is gone. However, my cpu load is now 2 * 60 = 120% and the fps is still around 10.

I tried the usepbo=false, but I did not notice any differences.

Any suggestions?
Can you check the fps while paused, with the glsl, arb and software render methods.
Also, try with vsync turned off.
Bobo1on1, thanks for looking into this issue.

Software: play= ~10 fps, pause = ~24 fps
GLSL: play = ~10 fps, pause = ~9 fps
ARB: play = ~10 fps, pause = ~9 fps

I do not know how to turn off the vsync, what option is that exactly?

Thanks in advance!
Go to System->System->Video output, then set Vertical blank sync to Disabled.
turn off desktop effects if running under ubuntu.
Pages: 1 2 3