Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing a movie outside of the Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks. I am in the planning stages of my XBMC build and discovered a slight issue I might run into.

Currently I have a dedicated MediaTank. The PopcornHour A110 and the way I have it setup is using YAMJ which for those not familiar with that is simply an alternative to the ugly last century looking UI. Yamj is Java based and scrapes all the cover art, fan art, etc and builds an HTML based library similar to the Library mode in XBMC.

Example: http://www.treasure-cove.net/moviewall.jpg

Here's my deli ma. I have a separate drive that I use for screening movies that aren't in my official library. It may be a new movie that I haven't seen yet so I don't know if I'm going to delete it or make it a permanent part of my library.

With the PCHA110 I can select Source with the push of a button and choose this alternate drive and simply return back to the Movie Wall Gui with the same ease.

How can I achieve the same in XBMC? I don't want to have to go to Video and then Change it out of Library Mode / List view just so I can navigate back to the root of all sources each time I want to screen something.

Can I create a new Entry on the home page like. MOVIES, Video or Screening.. ? This way I can keep the main movies library intact and easily accessible for family members and then access the other stuff for screening new movies that I'm not sure I wanted added to the main library yet.?

Thanks!
There's a file manager that I use for that exact purpose... Either hit the 's' key for the shutdown menu, which has file manager as an option, or use a skin that let's you add custom home screen buttons.
clock2113 Wrote:There's a file manager that I use for that exact purpose... Either hit the 's' key for the shutdown menu, which has file manager as an option, or use a skin that let's you add custom home screen buttons.

Thanks for the help. I hit S and not seeing any sort of file manager. Right now I"m using the default Confluence skin so when I hit "S" my options are .. Exit, Shutdown, Sleep, Reboot.
Ah... try Transparency!, it adds File Manager as an option, and looks much better than Confluence too :p
Thanks!. I successfully installed the AEON MQ 2.6.0 and love it. Its got the file manager and works perfectly!.

Thanks for help!
The easy and straightforward answer would have been, enable movies and TV shows on home and then use Videos to go straight to files view.

You gotta love how the community always complicates things Wink (this external manager this, this skin that).
sho Wrote:The easy and straightforward answer would have been, enable movies and TV shows on home and then use Videos to go straight to files view.

You gotta love how the community always complicates things Wink (this external manager this, this skin that).

Thanks!. I actually stumbled on that using this new AEON MQ Skin.

It has a Video and a Movies entry and I have it setup so that Video points to my Screeners and Movies goes to the library.

I liked how when I added the screener source to Videos it asked if I wanted to keep them out of the main movies library. Awesome!